1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gander Mountain shell pricing

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by CSSI, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSSI

CSSI TS Member

I stopped by the local Gander Mountain store in Pennsylvania today just to look around. I was shocked at the new prices on Shot Shells. Federal TOP GUN shells were $12.95 a box. That would be $52.00+ for 100 targets, and over $150 if you would shoot, singles, doubles and handycap targets. That is twice the fee to shoot and if you add the two together you are looking over $210 a day to shoot ATA trap. What are the manufactures thinking, at that price there will be many shooters that can not afford to go and shoot a weekend of trap at a local club yet alone a state or zone shoot. With the price of shells and the price of lead this will reduce the number of shooters, the amount of shells purchased and the need to buy new shotguns, when you can not affort to shoot them. Oh, bye the way, a box of 25 12 gauge hunting loads was priced at $34.94 per box. Unbelivable !!!!!!!

2. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Sounds like somebody mispriced the Top Guns. I can see the price of the hunting loads if they were steel.

Morgan

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

mispriced as steel shot....

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

cssi ... are you always this dumb or just this one time? You cant honestly believe those could were the correct prices or do you believe they are? Like I asked ... your not always this dumb are you?

5. CSSI

CSSI TS Member

lumper, thank you, you are correct I could not be that dumb. When I say that Gander had an entire end cap, with Top Gun Target loads and a sign above them with the price. I could not believe that it was correct so I even took the time to ask if the price was correct. I was told that it was and that all shot shells had a price increase. Matter of fact they (Gander Mountain) even took the time to revome all the old (lower price labels) and replace them with the higher prices. I do appreicate the fact that you realize that I could not be that dumb. Thanks

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Still, mis-priced as steel shot. Call corporate.

7. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I was in Gander Mountain yesterday, in Amarillo, and the Win. AA's are now up to $8.99 per box. Last week, they were $7.99. Went to Academy Sports, just 3 miles away, and the AA's were $5.94 per box. Charlie Henderson

8. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I was just at Gander MT. in Fort Wayne on monday, Federal Top Guns $4.99, Estate game loads $4.97, Win AA $5.99

9. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Lumper, Some times you are a genuine PUTZ. jmho, Bill

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Im with Bill.

11. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

When Gander contacts you with emails of "Big Deal" sales, tell them you wont be buying from them because their prices are way out of line. Maybe if they get enough responses, they will get the picture.

12. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Just got back from the local gander. TG @ 6.99 a box, STS and AA @ 7.99 (or was it 8.49, i can't remember), and small gauge sts and aa @ 13/box

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.