1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

gander mountain/no shells

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

went to gander today . hardly no 2 3/4 dram shells. they said all there stores are out of inventory due to war. they said no primers unitil 2008.

2. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Our Gander still has lot's of shells. I just bought another 100 pack of Estates for $18.99. I did find that Gander is a $1 more per box of Remington STS's than our local Wally-World. Wally had them at $5.95, Gander has the same for $6.99
    Wally also has the 100 pack of Top Gun's for $16.99. I can still find a bag of shot up here for $32.50

3. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

LOTS OF FLATS in Greensboro NC!

They are telling the same story here in NC.

38-01615

4. LeesburgGamecock

LeesburgGamecock TS Member

They have shells here, but I did notice they bumped the price on STS $.50 in the last week to $6.99; and they must be watching the futures market on a daily basis, because they moved their existing lead inventory to $45 a bag over the weekend. I think it will be gathering some dust. The one good deal I saw is a MEC9000 in 20 guage for $249 (older primer feed, so closing it out). If it was a 12 guage it would have come home with me.

5. trapperpg

trapperpg Member

Gander Mtn in Mooresville,NC has lots of Estates for 4.99/box and several flats of Top Gun 2 3/4dr for 4.79/box. The shot bins are empty, with the last posted price of 49.99/bag.
    PG

6. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

Found this on shotgun world website. Thought you might like the info.

i_shoot

7. avidtrapshooter

avidtrapshooter TS Member

I stopped into meijers to pick up a couple fishing lures the other day and i noticed they had a sale on STS's so i went over there they wanted $5 a box for 3 dram 1 1/8 1200 fps so i picked up the only box they had left (i wish they had a few more). Right now at the price of lead it is going to cost $4.25 for a box of 7/8 oz loads, so shooting 4 rounds of trap is going to cost $29 a night, wow this sport is getting expensive.

8. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Pick up a flat of Federal top guns for 44.95 a case from Dunhams. Call you local store to be sure that that have shells before driving out there. I only had enought money for 1 flat or I would have stocked up but they seemed to have a few different cases of 7 1/2 and 8's, I did not see any 9's.

The sale was in last weeks flyer.

Jerbear

9. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

Rem 1 oz game loads are still $41.40/flat at WalMart. How much longer? I dunno' but I'll bet these are the cheapest shells we'll see for a while. I've got a year's worth on hand, still buying.

10. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

Jerbear, did you happen to notice the price of the remington gameloads while you were there? they've been having really good sales on them lately, last time I was there, about a month ago, they were on sale for 37.90 a flat.

11. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Gander, at least in Erie PA, is bad about stocking standard loads. With all the trap and skeet shooters in the area, you'd think Gander would have a better handle on what to stock.

Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.