1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gander mountain for buying guns good?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Gander Mountain is a joke. If you want to pay MSRP or MSRP + then go to Gander Mountain. If you want to pay a realistic (read competitive) price use the internet and either:

1) Find a local dealer that has the product in stock with a good price
    2) Realize that all of your local dealers are also over priced and buy the gun online and have a local dealer transfer it in for $20ish.

2. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

BudsGunShop.com looks like a good place to buy and have your purchase shippped to your FFL.

3. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

If they have what you're looking for. He's out of stock in what I've been shopping for lately, but will send me an email when new ones come in. Need to find one at the club and ask to shoot it anyway, before I buy. Good luck.

4. cfchief

cfchief Member

gander mountain sucks big time

5. ridgeway

ridgeway Member

GM is a total joke!

6. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

I bought a few guns at Gander Mountain but nothing recently. They are usually higher than other places. Shop around before you buy.

Joe

7. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Usually over-priced, and they don't give you nothing for a trade in.

However, keep an eye out for Gander Mountain Exclusives. They make certain deals with gun manufacturers. I got a NIB Duo-tone Bersa Thunder .380 last June for $229. That was $30 cheaper than Buds.

Ya got to shop around.

Wayne

8. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I have bought a few guns at GM. If I'm in the area, I stop to look for a bargain. About 3 months ago I bought a 12ga mod 12, 1920s (nickel steel) full choke for less than $300. Gander Mountain is a BIG supporter of the NRA and Pheasants Forever and if your Gun Club is raffling some guns they will let you set up in their vestibule to sell tickets. True, there are a lot of things you can buy elsewhere for less money.

9. letts

letts TS Member

A few years ago I bought a new BT99 from the local Gander store. I have never seen a better price any where. The sales man did reduce the price considerably to make the sale and was happy to do it.

Letts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.