1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Games / ATA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Claymuncher, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

What mostly do you shoot - ATA - games - leagues - all of the above. What do you have the most fun at?

CM
  2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

I do both, Games are cheaper and money makers for me.

Anniie's, Buddy shoots 2 man and 3 man, Calcuttas, 60 and 90 bird protection races, Miss and Outs, Blue Birds and Killers.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
  3. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

What is a Blue Bird?

CM
  4. School Teacher

School Teacher Active Member

I like to shoot both but I get a few dollars back every now and then via games.

Shooters first put money into a "pot". $2 or $3 a round per shooter is common.

A Blue Bird or Blue Chip is a game in which a pair of shooters takes a position near, far, on top of, in front of or off to either side of the house. The lead shooter is on the left and he calls for a bird. He then shoots at the bird and regardless of the outcome, the second shooter shoots at a whole bird, chip or even the smoke. If the second shooter breaks a visible piece, the first shooter gets a mark. If the second shooter fails to break a visible piece, there is no mark on either shooter.

After shooting at a single target, the first shooter moves to the back of the line and the second shooter then moves (same position) to the left and becomes the lead shooter. The next shooter in line becomes the second shooter.

This continues until the original lead shooter returns to his original shooting position. The lead shooter can then remain in the same location for an addition round of all shooters or he can select a new location.

Any shooter who gets two marks (or another limit) is out of the competition.

The shooting continues until only a pair of shooters (pot splits) or a single shooter (winner takes all) remains.

Lots of ammunition choices fro this event from 2-2-10's to pigeon loads. Light 8's and 9's are good up close.

Ed Ward
  5. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

That sounds like fun, but I don't think it would fly around here as it would shut down adjoining trap fields?

CM
  6. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

I shoot games and ata both. The games are much more fun. Shooting the annie Oaklies,Ican break even or win a little. Can't do that on registered any more. I am starting to wonder why I even shoot registered any more? As a senior vet,I don't need targets any more. Clyde Doll
  7. Mr. Schock

Mr. Schock TS Member

every thing but ata
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.