1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Games at the Grand

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Uncle Sam, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Rick.....What a great idea!! However, my experience at the Grand last year was that between events there really wasn't a lot of time. Even on the days of 200 singles...the turn around time was barely enough to get back to the trailer, get a bite to eat, get things ready for the second hundred and head back to the line. With all those banks going at once things happened but quick !! That being said...the evenings would be great time to have some fun !! I just don't think the ATA would be in step with that. Think of the size of some of the Annie Oakley's and other fun games for money that could be arranged !!! It would be fun, even for spectators !!.........Uncle Sam, Pa.

2. purina

purina TS Member

That is exactly what we need. Some clown with his "special" annie loads blowing up a gun trying to win 12 bucks.

Games belong somewhere, but not the Grand.

3. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Ditto what Purina said:)

38-01615

4. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

Enforce ATA ammo restrictions.

5. Wentez

Wentez Member

For those of us old enough to remember - Camp Troy had big money shoots every evening of the Grand that were not registeed.

Rudy Manor East of Tipp City had an all day handicap - not reigstered - and you could re-enter as often as you wanted for a day event. As I remember the targets they were somewhere in the 53 yard range in a #3 hole.

I was young enough to ask Rudy a dumb question - "what is the ammo rule??" - his answer was "whatever you think you are big enough to shoot"

Damn - I miss Vandalia.

George Wentz

6. purina

purina TS Member

One Ted Williams shotgun blow up, one deer slug shot by accident, both CLOWNS, both shooting games. I have only shot for 40 years so I hope those are the worst CLOWNS I see. Nothing against games, just not at the Grand.

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Rick, I would also like to see some games at the Grand. I think it would be a great idea. I would enjoy shooting in an Annie there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.