1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

game trail cameras?? any buying advice

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Frank C, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

0   0   0

looking to buy a new Trail Camera.....any recommendations or any to stay away from? Have been borrowing a Moultrie and am not happy with the ease of setting it up.... open to suggestions. $100-150 range

2. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

0   0   0

My Bushnell loves batteries, looking for a new one too..

3. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

0   0   0

I just got a Primos brand from Bass Pro for $169.00 and love it. It does not eat up the batteries and takes great pics, color by day and B$W at nite with infared.
    Rooferbob

4. Ronnie

Ronnie TS Member

0   0   0

cuddeback bar none run outfitting business only ones to use have had several different kind only cudde now

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Don't use them on public property. It's expensive regardless which camera you buy. I have given up after having 2 stolen. Jeff

6. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

The Cuddeback customer service is sickening and their attutudes are even worse(only owned two and both spent more time in the shop for repair than in the woods). Moultrie cameras are awesome as far as cost and battery life but the display boards all go bad eventually(owned three and they all needed repair in less than two seasons). Predator has major issues with battery life and board problems on their Xtinction models(owned four and three have been there since Febuary for repair of the boards). So i am looking for another manufacturer as well. Has to be a camera that is easy to set up,has great battery life and is infared that dosn't cost 400.00 each.

7. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

0   0   0

------Maybe I will just sit in the woods with a camera!?!?!

8. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

0   0   0

Moultree IR 400 is as good as any thing out there, 1 set of batteries per season, and good pics. The Cuddeback has a lot of problems.

9. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

0   0   0

To each their own I guess, but here's my 2 cents. I have 2 cameras, a Moultrie IR and a Cuddeback Capture IR. While both are good cameras and take good pictures, the Cuddeback is much easier to set up (idiot proof) has a much faster shutter speed,(you get the whole deer in the photo, not just the ass end of a passing deer) and battery life is better than the Moultie. This is just my experience, both cameras are 2 years old. That said, about a month ago I dropped the Cuddeback from a 20' treestand where I had it set up looking down on a feeder. Smashed is not the word to describe what it looked like after it landed on a rock below. One call to Cuddeback customer service, they gave a RMA number, I mailed the camers off. A new camera costs 250.00 plus tax/shipping from any of the box stores. Cuddeback charged me 100 bucks, within a week I had a brand new camera with the latest updates, and I'm a happy camper with their service.

10. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

0   0   0

anyone used Steath Cam ??

11. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

0   0   0

Ricks1, they eat batteries and are slow.

Falcon Spirit, your experience is just totally different than mine, my IR 400 is much faster than the cuddiback. I am sure they all are different.

12. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I just received my monthly email from Game & Fish Magazine, one of the many to which I subscribe, and they have an article on selecting and using a game camera. The link to the article is above - I hope it wasn't too long for the field.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.