1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Game shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rocktire, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocktire

rocktire Member

List your favorite game and the rules.

One of my favorites is a 3 gun piece shoot. 3 guns up first shooter shoots, secong shooter tries to break a piece, third then also tries to break a piece. If the second shooter breaks a piece the first guy gets a strike, if the second guy misses and the third hits the first 2 get a strike, if the second a nd third hit a piece the first guy gets 2 strikes and the second gets 1. 2 strikes your out. Sometimes we add to the confusion and move forward after everyone on the line has shot, until we reach the trap house.

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Triples.

Gonna be shooting them this weekend.

Ogden Gun Club, Ogden, Utah

Pick your partner.

3. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

At Stony Ridge,OH, we shoot Annie Oakleys every thurs. evening. 3 guns up. 1 mark and you are out. Continue shooting until 2 or 3 shooters are left. We start at about the 32-33 yd. line. Shootoffs are about at the 45 yd + area. Shells are 2-3/4 non buffered.(whatever you can handle.) 1-1/4 #6 or 7 are common. 1-3/8 to 1-1/2 #6 work good at the extreme distance. 7-1/2's don't win in this,many have tried. 10 shooters last night. I made 2 shootoffs,lost both
    :( Clyde

4. rocktire

rocktire Member

we usually do 4 gun annie's at our club and go back to 40 sometimes as far as 50 yards.

5. dontate

dontate Member

In Baltimore we call your 3 piece shoot a Hickey. Same setup except we start at 19 and move to 2 yards to the 27 then start back again. Get two Hickeys (your strikes)and you get to watch the rest of the game!

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I like the Annies to be as long as a bird is in the air and unbroken, it's fair game till it hits the ground! Long buddy shoots are another I like a lot too!

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.