1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GAMBA DAYTONA Type 1, Sporting, any vjews?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 3357, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3357

3357 Member

I have a friend who shoots a Gamba single barrel trap and is very happy with it. The only drawback is that there are no parts available. He discovered this the hard way after the ejector hammer broke. He had to have one made from scratch. It was pricey and took some time but he is back in buisness and still very happy with the gun. jess

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Barrels are a little on the short side these days. I prefer my sporting/skeet guns to be 30" or better!

I don't know a thing about Gamba guns though.

ec90t

3. w g novak

w g novak TS Member

Jim, I own one. Great pointing gun. Be aware that they are infamous for trigger problems. Definately shoot it more than once to be certain that it will consistently fire. Kerry Allor (gunsmith) in michigan can fill you in on their technical problems. wgn

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I once shot with a guy who had one. The gun kept doubling on him and he finally just walked off the course. If you read between the lines on the other three posts, I think you just got four "no's."

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think it is like any of these "other" guns that show good wood and maybe some very light engraving

The CG guns are like this also

I just thought the gun felt weak and not well made--

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.