1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gamaliel's @ the Grand!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tim, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim

Tim TS Member

Upon reading the posts on this site I have came to one of two conclusions; either Gamaliel himself is posting on this site trying to justify his higher prices or anti-Wal-Mart people just refuse to save money where they can! People shop around for gas, milk, clothing, and other neccessary items in order to get the most competitive prices. Shooters do the same thing for shot, powder, hulls, and shells. You don't owe Gamaliel's anything! They are trying to make a living just like everyone of us!!! If they could sale their products for 2-5-0r 10 dollars more than what they have been, don't think that they would not. It is not by coincidence that their shell prices are $1.00 above the local prices. They checked those out well in advance. They could be the same price as Wal-Mart and they would still make money but they are not becausethey want to make max. cash in the 10 days that they are at Sparta. You can support who ever or what ever you want but do not think for a second they are working with you out of the goodness of their heart! It is all about cash and what is the old saying "a fool and his money are soon parted". Well, keep that in mind because this world is about making money! Bottom Line!!!

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

2str8:

Of course I would rather to pay less for shells but if it is only 1 buck a case then that is resonable for the people that has to fly in and even others that can't bring a load os shells with them.

As you said im sure the 10 days is what they have been waiting for all year long im sure the rest of the year that they are there it is no real profit maker for them.

If I can't bring my own at the time then I would be more than happy to pay a little bit more for the convience of being near by.

Foggy

3. skeet100

skeet100 Member

I have bought from and met several of the Gamaliel folks/family. I have always been willing to pay a little more to folks who do a lot for the shooting sports and are such fine folks.

4. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Tim....
    I have always enjoyed dealing with the folks @ Gamaliel. If they've gone the extra mile to be @ the Grand to serve shooters who wish to trade with them...I don't have a problem with that. No one is forced to deal with them. Oh yea...and by the way...MY world is most definitely NOT about making money. Sorry to hear about yours.

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Do the still have that cute Brasilian chick working for them? She was worth a dollar just to see. When she would go on her break, she would walk down vendor row and the guys would literally stop talking. The trailers would begin to list to her side. ;-)

My shootin' buddy used to like to buy stuff in there so he could listen to the gals talk in that southern drawl. Never thought of goin' to the Grand to "save" money, didn't think that was possible.

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Didn't look to me like they were making a lot of money at the shell house. I walked through the building a couple of times and there were ) people buying shells. Lot of the hulls laying on the ground were reloads.

7. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

they never did in MY area....

8. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

Tim have you ever thought of the buying power of Gamaliel Shooters Supply vs Walmart? Fellow where have you been the last 25 years???????????

9. 682LINY

682LINY Member

I have never been to or met the people from Gamaliels,,,,but have delt with them on the phone scince 2002,,,and they have been great,,,,no problem paying $ 1.00 a flat ,,,you get knolageable custmer service with it,,,,try getting that at a wally world

10. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

I know alot of older trapshooters work at wallmart. So I think it's ok to support both Walmart and Gamaliel's. If you want to drive into town to save a dollar that's ok, I'n fact we need to support the local communite as well for allowing us to hold out shoot there................What's the big deal....

11. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

is anyone selling federal papers??????? thanks dwain

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

When was the last time Gamaliels donated school supplies to schools in a depressed areas, or handed out perscription medications to the elderly at no or at a low cost to the people who needed them ..? The Masons and Shriners used to take bus loads of kids to the local WalMarts for school supplies on a yearly basis so they would have clothes for school and the supplies they needed ... I know of 3 elderly couples who get their medications from WalMarts Pharmacy for $2.00 each and they would cost over $150.00 at a regular pharmacy ... They are all in business to make a living and the bigger the retailer the more they can afford to reinvest in the community where they have stores ... Gamaliels will never even be close to WalMart in contributions back to those communitys, it just isn't going to happn, not now, not ever ... I will go out of my way to buy from a retailer who does the most for the people who support it especially if they are selling the same products at a cheaper price ... WalMart is part of the community it serves all the time not just when the Grand is in town ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. jptrapshooter

jptrapshooter Member

When's the last time WalMart stayed open late for shoot offs so you could just walk a short distance to buy some? Convinience is definitely worth the extra expense for me. I'll go to WalMart down the road from my home for many things, but Grand American shells are a different story.

14. hairy

hairy TS Member

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

jptrap,

To some people that would mean something but not many ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. jptrapshooter

jptrapshooter Member

zara,

If we were sitting at said bowling alley, would we walk to WalMart to save money on our beer/cigs? Or would we pop $10 into the vending machine and tell the barkeep to set up another round?

17. ZeroHero

ZeroHero TS Member

How many of you purchased your bowling ball at Wal-mart?

Duke

18. jptrapshooter

jptrapshooter Member

I'm just wondering if WM in Sparta will be handling the full complement of premium loads NEXT year. It doesn't sound as if the rest of their stores will be. I'm sure Gamaliel's will be.

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Ahhh, Comedians, you got to love em ... I wonder if all of these are at the Grand or just talking about it, or ever been there for that matter ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

I would not mind paying a little extra in order to buy whatever brand of shells I want in my favorite load.

Berettaman7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.