1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Galazan shooting glasses? Experience or advice?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mako72401, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mako72401

mako72401 Member

I coach the high school trap team, where I am also a science teacher. My 13 year old daughter is learning trap and shoots with us, and also some ATA. Difficult to spend too much on glasses at that age since they loose interest on things fast.

Anyway, wanted to get her a set of Rangers with lenses, but found these at CSMC/Galazan. For $115 with frames, 13 pairs of lenses, and case. Anyone tried them? I have to think they can't be as high of quality of optics as actual rangers, but for the money? Just to get started with that "style" of glasses?

Just looking for any experience with them!

Thanks!

Jim

2. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

Don't buy anything from there. Try a cheap Winchester or other brand at Walmart.

Good Luck,

Harry

3. mako72401

mako72401 Member

We have done the cheap remington/winchester/browning brands, and they are ok, but since they are the curved type frames that fit snug, they fog up more easily, also, you can't put blinders on them. So, thats the main reason I am trying to see if anyone has any first hand experience with the Galazan glasses.

Thanks though!

Jim

4. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

I have the same set of CSMC glasses. They are a good value, in my opinion. I normally use Decot's but I use the CSMC's when conditions call for a lens color (such as clear, for example) that I do not have in my Decot's.

I should add that my Decot's are the old style with screws holding in the lenses, so having another set of different color lenses to swap is out of the question. Hence, the CSMC set made sense for me.

Mike Durhan

5. gll

gll Member

i have a set w/13 lenses great glasses...

6. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I have a set I got in 09 they are great price great value case box for storage, every color you need and Rangers lenses will fit for any custom colors.

If you dont like them they can be sold they are a pretty well kept secret.

Jerry Lewis

7. David McMillen

David McMillen Banned User Banned

I have a set, and the temples are too short. After wearing a few minutes they hurt the back of my ears. Otherwise, they will probably be good for a young adult, and they have an excellent selection of lense colors.

8. mako72401

mako72401 Member

Thanks for the input and info. I will definitely pick up a pair for her to try out.

Jim

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Get the Randolph Rangers and be done with it.

10. mako72401

mako72401 Member

Cant see spending $500 to get rangers with the same variety of lenses for a 13 year old.

Maybe at some point, but not at this point.

Jim

11. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

You really don't need 13 different sets of lenses. Find a glasses dealer at a shoot, try them all, and settle on 3 (which will put you in the ballpark of the CSMC glasses. You need one for bright (usually a brown or dark purple), one for medium (usually a red or lighter brown), and one for dark (usually a clear, or a very pale shade of yellow or red). Your better off w/ the quality (and protection) of 3 lenses w/ rangers than 13 lenses w/ the CSMC glasses (I had a pair, they seemed more chincey than they even looked on the website, ended up returning them for a refund).

12. reddeath

reddeath TS Member

I too was looking into buying them.

I have 14yr. old who is shooting. However, I got lucky! Found a pair of glasses on Auction Arms. The listing read rudolph engineering shooting glasses. Perhaps the misspelling kept people from findinf them. Got the frames, case and three sets of lenses for $50.00.

Perhaps you might get lucky too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
galazan glasses
galazan glasses shooting

galazan shooting glasses

gallazan glasses