1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Galazan A-10 Sidelock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RunGunIPSC, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Has anyone seen or received one of the new Galazan A-10 American O/U sidelock shotguns? If so what are your thoughts on it? There was a pre-production special pricing for this O/U. Anyone recall what that was? Thanks. Tom

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Tom, I'm one of the first who ordered with full payment, wasn't really impressed with the laser engravings, so I ordered the standard grade, after all the discounts, it's $4000 with absolutely no upgrades, plus s/h, a real bargain.

I had the pre-production guns in my hand at two occasions, Int'l Sporting arms show & SHOT show before I ordered. That's what makes me ordered the lowest grade. Figure if I really like the gun, I can send it out for some real engravings.

I received the gun after approx. 11 months wait, didn't expect too much of it for $4000. but I was pretty satisfied for a $4000 gun, but I don't think it'll worth further investments on "real engravings".

I just heard the discounts are expired, now it's 2 or 3 thousand dollars more. I'm glad I bought it early, at today's price, I certainly wouldn't do it.

If you are interested in one of these guns, I suggest you wait some time, I saw many of their previous guns like RBL, NIB selling below pre-production prices. And their flagship Galazan sidelock O/U are instant half price on used market.

As a shooting sportsman, I'd love to support an American company. but as a customer, T. Galazan is not my favorite merchant.

3. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Steve W,Thanks for the input. I agree with your assesment from what I have seen in the literature & what happened with the RBL. I have to verify,but somewhere I saw they are up to $8000 for the plain gun. This puts it in the decent used lesser adorned lower SO series. And if bought right these will get your $$$ back should you sell. Tom

4. twotimer

twotimer Member

Tom, I like Steve got in on the intro offer. It took me 13 months to get it. I, however, dumped the savings back into upgrades. I got the deluxe model with the exibition wood, which is beautiful. I couldn't be happier. There are a few others on this site which will say the same thing. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.