1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

G2 Shockmaster Owners

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RobertT, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

As a Shockmaster owner I have found that 85lbs of air pressure works very well but I have never experimented much with other pressure settings. I believe it would be useful and informative for all G2 owners if we shared our preferred pressure settings. What's yours?

Robert

2. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I use 75 psi on my Beretta 390. I shoot mainly 1 oz. and 7/8 oz. loads for Clays.

Does anyone recall the recommended pressure range from G-2?

Jim Skeel

3. RobertT

Jim, the Shockmaster web site suggests the following: The stock works best with pressures of 90 to 115 psi. The exact amount is not critical, however we recommend that you stay within this pressure range. You should have enough air so that you can comfortably shoot without collapsing the stock into your shoulder prior to firing. Most shooters fill it until it feels about right (usually around 100 to 105 psi) then forget about it. The exact amount of air is not of concern. If it's comfortable to shoot then it's working right and working for you. Do not be concerned about damaging the unit if you put in too much air. We have tested them to 220 psi and stored them that way.

Since 75 works for you and 85 works for me it would be interesting to see what others have found.

Robert

4. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

1 1/8 oz 1250 fps handicap loads and 100 psi is sweet to me. A friend of mine likes 80-85 as well but shoots all 1 oz loads.

5. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Probably the reason 75 psi works for me is I shoot Clays from a low gun position. I bring the gun to my face and put very little pressure on the butt.

Other than a G-Squared which recoil reducer would you recommend for a Remington 1100 Trap? I just picked up a nice one and it shoots good for me with 7/8 ounce loads. If I decide to shoot games I need to use 1 ounce or 1-1/8 ounce loads and I am a bit recoil sensitive.

I measured the 30" trap barrel and it has .042" of choke!!

Jim Skeel

6. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Jim There is really no "other" as far as recoil reduction units go. G-squared is the best of the best. There are a lot of claims and replicas made but nothing i have shot or found is as well built or does as good a job as the G-squared.

7. RobertT

Jim, I have to agree with Bad regarding the quality of g-square. None of the game shooters that I am aware of shoot a semi-auto though, I believe it is because they don't stand up well to a steady diet of heavy porch loads.

Robert

8. jrb100

jrb100 Member

I have the G-squared on my model 12 and love it.I am at 120 psi because I tend to pull the stock in tight and the extra pressure keeps it from moving,and still absorbs the recoil well.(I shoot 1-1/8 1200 fps loads)

joe

9. RobertT

The observations of Jim and Joe are interesting. I believe my gun mount is firm but not tight. I may have to experiment with different pressures, perhaps I'm not getting the most out of my stock.

Robert

10. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

105 psi is my preferred pressure with 1250 loads.

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

90 PSI on a 682 Bunker gun.

12. damins

damins Member

75 psi for singles, 95 psi for doubles(too much gun movement on the second bird at 75 psi).

Only other system would be Soft-Touch.

I have a friend with a G2 on a 391 set at 75 psi and it works great.

Bob

13. benedict1

benedict1 TS Member

100 psi on a BT 99 with 1 oz shot @ 1180 fps. Very nice.

14. MOP

MOP Active Member

120 - 125# for flyer loads.

15. 4N6PE

4N6PE Member

105 # for 3 dram, 1-1/8 oz. loads and I feel no recoil.

Ned

16. 4N6PE

4N6PE Member

Regardless at what pressure you set the G2,I feel that no other recoil system beats it.I haven't gotten into the mechanical details as to why this pneumatic system is so effective, but after each shot, I have no conscious recall of feeling any recoil with 3+ dram loads.Not so with my Graycoil on my other gun and others that I've tried.
    I am very grateful for this fine piece of engineering.

Ned

17. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

110 to 125 PSI but I pull my gun into my face and shoulder pretty hard. Jeff

18. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

FRedmon, Lots of info at the above link. Click the "Ordering" and the "FAQ" tabs

19. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Yep - we found the site... Sure looks like a good system and surely worth the $$ if recoil is a problem.

FRedmon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shockmaster g2 stock

shockmaster g2 stock review