1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

G SQUARED STOCKMASTER PRO/CONS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by superxjeff, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

It's the very best in my opinion. There are set ups that are cheaper and many people go that route because of cost. I think it;s the unit to which all others strive to equal. Jeff

2. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I have one on my TM1. Have used it for about 6-7 yrs. Works very well. The very best thing about it is the lack of additional weight it added to the gun. I weighed the stock without recoil pad before & after installation & the unit added only 3 1/2 oz to the stock. I highly recommend it.

3. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I have a G-Squared on my Beretta 390 clays gun. I have been shooting it for 10 years now. It is THE BEST recoil reducer there is. Mike is great to work with. He maintained the fit of my custom fitted stock.

Jim Skeel

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I've owned two.. Both worked excellent.. I have no issues with the product.. Never had a problem with either.. so I can't speak for service..All Good.. Mike

5. dog easy

dog easy TS Member

Do wish that pretty young lady on the website would get her finger off the trigger. Gsquared that I tried was great. No long term history with it however.

Shoot safe, John

6. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

I have one installed on an MX Stock that I am not using, the stock and forearm are TYPE 4, have been professionally refinished, (just need the checkering recut) that i can sell reasonable..$650 (or so)..I will drag my camera out to the gun safe and take some pics..keep your original stock..buy this one..LarryB

**lbshootin@yahoo.com** or just PM if interested..

Pics avail in about an hour (I hope)..

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

If you have a nice figured stock you should pay to keep the original comb.
    Otherwise the comb that's used is different wood and covered with a brown vinyl which I don't like. Also, get the pump, though you hardly ever need it.

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Lot's of them on the West Coast. Seldom see one East of the Mississippi. I have one on a 682 Bunker gun. Works great on a doubles gun.

9. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

i like the fact it didnt add much weight, very important in a system.

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I have had the cylinger lose air pressure, checked it out by pressurinzing it and put it in a glass of water and you could see MICRO bubbles coming from around the shaft.

I asked for a replacement one from G-Squared and offered to pay for it and when they recieved my leaking one to send me a refund or hold my check until they got my old one back so I could continue shooting the gun.

They never agreed to this, they said send the leaking one and we will send you another one, well thatnmeans loss of shooting time, I now shoot the Counter Coil.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

Kommiefornia, but North Idaho soon... REALLY!
    Thank you all for the many nice things you’ve said about our product, as well as my service. I have no words to express how much your support and confidence means to me. I have certainly made a few mistakes over the years, as have probably most in the business, but it was never for lack of caring or for lack of trying. These days I have learned that having an employee is a must, and it has certainly smoothed up the operation quite a bit. Though I continue to do all work on each stock myself, the support I get by having someone to do “almost everything else” has been invaluable! Our current backlog has been staying consistent at about 1 to 1 1/2 weeks, which has allowed us to be a lot more responsive than we have been at times in the past. We’re not perfect yet, but we’re trying.
    In response to the last post by Gary Bryant (Dr. Longshot), I feel compelled to respond in some detail. First of all, I am truly sorry that we don’t seem to be connecting here, but I am not sure why we’re not, frankly. It would be unusual, but perhaps you caught me at a bad moment and I didn’t handle it properly. If this is the case, please accept my apology. I do recall you phoning 2 or 3 months ago (I think), and that you wanted a new reducer sent to you. As I explained at the time, I do not sell recoil reducers separately, as I am in the business of selling recoil reduction systems, not reducers. These reducers are extremely reliable, and are both expensive and time consuming to produce, and while we do replace the piston in about half of the units which we rebuild every year, I have never seen one of the stainless steel cylinders noticeably worn, and these units have been in production since sometime in 1991! It has been a number of years that you have had this if I am not mistaken, and as such I don’t doubt for a minute that with the amount of shooting that you obviously do, that the reducer may have gotten stiff and dry and may be leaking down and need rebuilt. With almost all shooters this takes years, but please, if it was built within the last three years, by all means let me know as it is still under warranty (whether or not you are the original purchaser). Nonetheless, our policy on reducer problems has always been as follows: If it is out of warranty, we charge $35.00 to rebuild the cylinder without a new piston, and $50.00 if it needs a new piston. Again, I have never yet seen a need to replace one of the stainless steel cylinders. If you need this back immediately, please say so, but call in advance so I know to expect it. If you need me to turn it around the day I receive it, please call and tell me this, then please send it next day air so I get it in the morning, and I will usually commit to shipping it back by next day air the same evening. If we do it this way, you could ship it out to me on Monday afternoon, and have it back on Wednesday morning. If it is out of warranty I would expect you to also pay the shipping charges both ways. If this still is not enough, then let me know and I will pull a reducer out of one of my own guns or out of a demo gun and send it to you so you can keep shooting while we rebuild yours, I also do this occasionally. All I’’m saying is “work with me man, give me something to work with”.
    As far as your statements above, I don’t understand your obsession both on the phone and here with having me send you a new one and then send any deposit money back, so the new one is essentially free to you. HUH??? Even if you have one still under warranty, we would service the original cylinder under the conditions above. If it is not under warranty, then we owe you nothing for free. In your last sentence, you said that my words were “they said send the leaking one and we will send you another one”. No, I never said that. I said I would rebuild the one you have, which would make it work like new. If all I was going to do was send you a replacement unit, I certainly would trust you or most any other shooter to send back the defective unit afterward. Last thought: If you own a Browning, or a Beretta, or a Perazzi, or a Krieghoff, or any other gun, and have a problem some months or years down the road with the stock, the receiver, or perhaps the barrel, will they under anything except perhaps the most extraordinary circumstances, send you a replacement stock, receiver, or barrel, and then have you return the old “defective” one as a permanent exchange?

12. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The damage that one irresponsible statement does to the manufacturer of any product is many times greater than all the compliments put together. Case in point, the Cesar Guerini incident at Quantico.
    Mike Gregory goes overboard in supporting his product and his work, and they're both first class. Enough said.

13. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

Kommiefornia, but North Idaho soon... REALLY!
    Thanks Dick, I appreciate that a lot! Mike

14. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

I got one on a Beretta 390 trap gun and it reduces felt recoil to an amazing level--every now and then I have to pump a little air into it with the hand pump but it's given me excellent service for several years--wouldn't hesitate to buy another-I think I like it better than the soft touch system and haven't had as much trouble with it as the soft touch[leaking cylinder] but I realy can't complain about the soft touch either . Both are quality products with good service standing behind them--if you like the soft touch you'll like the g-squared for sure--the soft touch has limited adjustment of how much resistance the system provides[you have to change springs to get softer or harder resistance] with the g-squared you can pump the air pressure to anywhere between almost no resistance to a couple hundred pounds[why you would pump it way up I have no idea since that would negate any recoil reduction.

15. JEB

JEB Active Member

My wife Karen has been using a G Squared unit on an MX-2000 for over a year and loves it. The installation was quite complicated on a custom Wenig stock. Mike has been conscientious to a fault, and the workmanship was impecable. I can tell you from first hand experience that he is very customer oriented.

John Bergman

16. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

You showed them DR. Longshot!!! Now you have a POS recoil reduction system. Ha-ha That just makes me laugh. The G-Squared is the best bar none and it doesn't matter what side of the Mississippi you live on. When the springs wear out in your Perazzi/ or your K-Gun you show them by shooting n 870 Remington. Jeff

17. Rich Davis

Rich Davis Member

I have been using a Shockmaster on my TMX for 16 years. Mike has replaced the O rings in the cylinder twice and that is it. I have 6 shockmasters and in my opinion they are the best. Mike has made me lower and higher combbs while i wait in his shop. If they are not right he makes the adjustment. Great product. Mike is also a great supporter of the shooting industry.
    Rich Davis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.