1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

G-Square Recoil stocks

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by charlevillecat, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charlevillecat

charlevillecat TS Member

Has anyone had any experience with the G-Square Stock system,are they the ticket for recoild reduction.I need one on my gun and PF does not make one for my type of gun,any help would be apprecaited.

2. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

My opinion and others who I have talked to using the G-Suare is that it's a great system. Regardless of whether I am shooting standard trap loads or plus 1400fps second loads for games the felt recoil is drastically reduced.

Robert

3. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Bruce Ney makes a system that looks a lot like the G-squared and is 350.00 cheaper.It is called the e-z coil and i am wondering why such a price difference?I have heard great things about both but hate to give my money away.Anyone know the reason?I know the e-z coil is a hydraulic unit and the g-squared is air but both are adjustable and have great warranties.Less than 50.00 to rebuild either.

4. CannonCocker

CannonCocker TS Member

I have nothing but nice things to say about my G2. Net weight gain after installation is only about 3 oz so the balance is not greatly disturbed. The comb stays "fixed" on recoil so you get much less cheek bite than you would from the systems that don't do that like Gracoil. I shoot any load I like and can barely tell the difference between 3dram 1 1/8 oz and lighter loads.

The only downside is that you must send your gun in to get the stock cut and some don't like that. G2 isn't as pretty as a soft touch, but I rate it slightly better in reducing perceived recoil. It is also more easily adjusted, i.e. change air pressure vice changing springs.

My next gun is going to have a PFS. That way I can keep the original stock intact if I ever want to sell it. PFS is way uglier than a G2!! but has more adjustments.

FWIW,IMHO,YMMV,
    Dan

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

If you want good looks the J.S. air cushion is the way to go the units are made by G squared, Charleville you still sellin parts on E-bay? Jeff

6. Charlie White

Charlie White TS Member

Not to sound like a smart ass but the product you are asking about is a shockmaster. It is made by the company called G-Squared and you will find information about it at www.shockmaster.com
    or by calling Michael Gregory at 760-788-8888.

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I made the first (prototype) G-Squared unit in a machine shop a friend owned in my spare time. The prototype was designed by Glenn Gregory, Michael's dad. Then I made all the parts for the first 50 units made. I still have the orginal one (prototype) on a BT-99 stock my wife use to shoot. It still works fine. A great design. As I recall Glenn had the unit patended 10 diferent ways. A little history for your information of the unit.

8. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

Kommiefornia, but North Idaho soon... REALLY!
    Reply to shot410ga: I'm dying to know who you are, I haven't got a clue. As you said my father, Glenn Gregory designed and patented this system. I have the original prototype in the back of my safe. It is on a Ruger 20 ga shotgun that he set up for my mother, Karen. My father made the parts himself for the first 20 to 50 Shockmasters in his garage. Having consulted my father this morning, all of the parts that were subsequently farmed out to machine shops were made either by Nemith Machine here in San Diego, a machinist by the name of Brockmeier, in Menifee California, or Smith Bothers here in San Diego, and subsequently other local machine shops were involved. The first production unit was made by my father, Glenn, for a Great San Diego skeet shooter by the name of Gray Silva (sp?). The first production units that were made outside of G-Squared were made by our good friend Joe Shiozaki at J.S. Air Cushion, with parts provided to Joe Shiozaki in kit form, by G-Squared. To the best of our knowledge, the only Shockmaster's ever made were made by either Glenn Gregory, Joe Shiozaki, or Michael Gregory. As most of you know, Joe Shiozaki still manufactures the J.S. Air Cushion stock. Having said all that, having consulted my father on this a few minutes ago, and having detailed production records back to the very beginning, I'm finally left with the one question that I started with ... just who are you???? Thanks for the kind words! Please contact me, I'd love to talk to you. Michael Gregory

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Michael

Your father is incorrect. He and I were quite good friends at the time. As a matter of fact he taught me how to shoot with both eyes open. I was also in his garage and saw some of the first parts. As well as the patent application. He asked me to make the rest of the parts for the set-up model, which he had not been completed, including four additional kits to make four more units. I got to keep one kit for making the pieces. That kit went on the BT-99 I still have. The stock was a Fagin semi inletted unfinished butt stock. I still have it, and it's still unfinished. He was so pleased I made fifty more sets of parts, which he paid me for. He may have sold the first of the five kit's I made to Grey (also a friend) but the first one on a gun that was shot as far as I know was mine. And I shot it. If he thinks about it he'll remember. Latter he farmed out to other people and machine shops. This is a fact. I have long since retired and moved. But that's the way it came down in LaJolla, and the Miramar gun club sometime in the mid-eighties. Leave your number and I'll call.

10. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

shot410ga -

First of all, I want to assure you that there is no animosity here at all, and that my father and I are kind of getting a kick out of this, because, well, we still have no idea who you are. It's also a mystery as to whether you are indeed talking about the the first 'Shockmaster' system, or perhaps something else preceding it. You said that you saw the patent application, and that this was sometime in the "mid-eighties". The patent application that relates to the Shockmaster was not appied for until July of 1989. Anyway, I would love to hear from you and so would my father. I can be reached at (760)788-8888 and will give you my father's phone number. Thanks! Michael Gregory

11. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Well.... Does 410 know the Gregory's??

Now I am dying to know.

12. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

So am I!!

(Seriously, I'm sure he does, I'm just dying to find out who the devil it is)

LOL - Mike Gregory

13. guncase

guncase TS Member

Mike,,, he is wrong!! I know cause I am the one who built the first ones! I have been wondering just where you have been sending my royalty checks for the past years?? This explains it. He is now coming out of hiding to help spend MY cash. Paul

14. oldsoul

oldsoul TS Member

I just bought a TMX with G2 unit installed. I took it apart because it just did not feel and look right. I called and talked to Mike and he was very responsive. i sent the butt stock to him and when he got it he called and answered all my questions and then some. When the stock was ready he called and told me every thing he did and why. I could not have asked for better service. The proff is in the shooting and I love it! If I (when) another gun it will go to G2 out of the box. Mike thanks for the service and the product.

Scott Gren

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.