1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

G.DANIELS RELEASES .

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mx2005, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

I BOUGHT A DOUBLE RELEASE IT IS A G.DANIELS STAMPED ON THE HOOKS DOES ANYONE KNOW IF HE IS STILL AROUND AND CAN BE CONTACTED. MAYBE KNOW A NUMBER OR STATE OR ADDRESS ANY HELP WOULD BE A GREAT HELP. IT WORKS GREAT AND IS SMOOTH AND FAST, SETS REAL NICE A PLEASURE TO USE.

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I thought that it was McDaniels

Mel Hunting, at Silver Dollar, is the man to work on these.

Ed Yanchok

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I bought a McDaniels release for my TMX at the Grand and I had Phil tune it just the way I like. I don't think that Pat Laib does release triggers or at least he didn't when I talked to him years ago.

4. Gunnerandbabe

Gunnerandbabe TS Member

There was both.

5. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

Guy Daniels lived in Lawn PA. He did the release in Frank Little's BT 99.

6. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

From what I seen there is a mcdaniels and a g. daniels thats what I have and it works great. Does anyone have Phils phone numbers I have never had any contact with him any info would be a help thanks Pat

7. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Phil's cell phone number is 210-313-5988 and his website is shown above. Phil is in Wisconsin now and will be going to Arizona for the winter.

8. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Thank all of you guys for the info I talked to Phil and he will be a great help. Pat

9. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

I had Guy Daniels install at least 4 release triggers in my Brownings. Guy was from Palmyra,PA. In fact, the guns that people sent to Browning,were forwarded to Guy. I NEVER had any trouble with his release triggers.
    Ask AveragEd, he can fill you in on the details.
    Joe Jordan

10. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

Hey Capt Rick Lapham IV, do you have the two barrel set that I bought from Frank and sold to Charlie Doll? That gun was his back-up gun and I removed the release trigger. I might have included it in the sale to Doll. Can't remember it was a long time ago. If you have a different BT from Frank it would be the one he shot before the TMX.

EE Bornman

11. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

To follow up on what JJJ said, if you have an older Browning trap gun that you sent to Browning for the installation of a release trigger, you probably have a Guy Daniels release trigger. If so, look at the release part and you'll see "G DANIELS" and the date stamped in it.

We had a shooter from the Palmyra Sportsmen's Association who sent his gun to Browning for one of their "factory" releases even though one of them cost more and took longer to get back than a local installation. We tried to tell him that Guy would be doing it but he wouldn't listen to us, so when the gun was returned, we had him remove the stock and showed him Guy's name on the part. His gun was gone for six weeks and was shipped from Palmyra to St. Louis to Palmyra to St. Louis and back to him in Palmyra when all he had to do was take the thing a few blocks from his home and have it back in two days! Browning charged him for all the shipping plus $50 over what Guy normally charged for a single release.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.