1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FYI Gander Mountain

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I visited the new Gander Mountain Store Sunday in Reynoldsburg Ohio, 3 walls completely lined with long guns. and 2 walls of Glass Pistol Cases, loaded w/Pistols.

I was told this week end there would be a lot of AR Style guns at regular prices and not inflated, that is what she told me.

So if you are in the Market for a 223 AR Style this weekend is going to be it.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Did they have handgun and rifle ammo? Prices? Reloading supplies? Thanks.

Wayne

3. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Well...its not really a NEW Gander Mtn store. Its been there probably 7 or 8 years, They decided to expand their gun sales. Unless things have changed, they carry very little reloading supplies...prices on a par with BassPro and Cabelas (ie. high). Gun prices have always been higher than other stores/shops in the area. I guess we'll see.

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Our local Gander Mountain, is now Gander Mountain Gun World.

5. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Some of the stores in Illinois were slated to be updated to Gander Mt. Gun World with an expanded gun offering and more employees to serve gun customers.

According to one of the staff at the Springfield store the current state politial climate has put those expansion plans on hold.

6. Donm

Donm Active Member

StlFlyn is that the one in Germantown? Haven't been in there in years. Do they have a good number of guns on hand normally?

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Our local Gander was supposed to be upgrade to what I guess would have been one the Gun World type store. However because of the current political climate of NY, those plans have been canceled.

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The Gander Mountain in Reynoldsburg Ohio has been there for the years listed above, but has been remodeled to a GUN WORLD Store, I guess they qaudrupled their amount of Pistols and Long Guns, but up coming AR 223 guns are going to be sold at regular prices, they did have 2 AR 223 M4s a day after Conneticut shootings at $899 which was $100 off the Reular price of $999

Black Wing doubled their price on them immeaditly ripping off shooters.

I did not see any ammo or ammo prices in the store.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

9. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Donm:
    A few months ago I was at the Germantown Gander mountain. Yes, they had a lot of shotguns at that time. Some trap models too. The prices were very very high though.
    Steve Balistreri

10. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Gander Mountain, at least in my area, has the absolute worst prices on guns and ammunition anywhere I go to. Not a place I even consider when looking to buy. Their used gun prices used to be in the OK range. Now some computer program they use tells the guy at the store what to offer on a used one and what to price to list the used gun at. Always stop in after deer season for clothing closeouts and a good laugh.

JK

11. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

The old Germantown GM IS a Gun World. I stopped in shortly after they opened and their prices are standard for GM, high! I stop in occasionally on my way up to Cabelas in Richfield and Midwestern Shooters Supply in Lomira. No reloading supplies at GM Gun World but one of the clerks said they hope to be getting into them in the future. Out of the three places, Midwestern Shooters Supply is the best.

Joe

12. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

GM Gun World is very busy, compared to the old format, as is Cabela's. Guns are now the main priority. Yes, they have plenty of every type of guns. I remember when they changed over how the sales in guns, was through the roof. Fleet Farm in Germantown is where I go for ammo. You have to get there now, when they have sales, because they sell out that day. That was before the hoarding situation.

As mentioned above though, the prices are astronomical, just as is Cabela's. I am afraid to drive to close for fear of losing an eye, or limb. LOL. Cabela's is only four miles from my house. I would rather drive the twenty-five or so miles to Midwestern Shooters Supply. They have plenty of reloading supplies, and their prices on everything are much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gander mountain trap shootimg supplies

gander mt trap shooting guns

trap shooting supplies at gander mountin