1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FYI Dumped Bank of America

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by mixer, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

The Do Not Call list does not apply in your case. You have established a business relationship with them and that allows them to call you. Now if it was a bank that you did not have any accounts with, then it's a different story.

Eric

2. dennis (nj)

dennis (nj) Guest

I have no problem with Bank of America . Always curtious and helpfull whenever I go in there or over the phone . Never had a call from them . Stocks are a great pay-off also . I`ll stay .

3. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

I've done business with them, or a predecessor bank, since 1946. It's kind of like "Cheers" - they always know my name. They never call me and I communicate with them on the internet. The only fee is for a safe deposit box but I get the old guy's discount. Couldn't be happier.

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

My wife opted for a B of A account in the late 1960s and we've hung onto that checking account and visa all these years. No burdensome calls or letters yet but were it to begin that would get me to encourage change....breakemall....Bob Dodd

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Bank of America is no different than any of the other banks, they all offer Mortgages to Illegals as well as credit cards, they just don't announce it like Bank of America did ... I have accounts with Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Compass Bank and they are all pretty much the same ... I do not get calls from any of them because I requested that they do not call me with any and all of the offers they come up with because I told them not to when I signed up ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Gil

Gil Member

Restless, I agree with you. I have an LLBean-MBNA Visa card from the 80s. I called LLBean and asked what they planned to do. They said that they had had alot of complaints but no action yet. I just got an Orvis card and will cancell the Bean card. I know other banks do the same thing, but this is one that I can personally affect. Hopefully, BAC and others will quit catering to the Criminal Immigrants. For me, this is a tax issue. The more illegal Mexicans the more tax money they will use. George Miller

7. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

I dumped BofA about a year, year and half ago.

I need a small buisness SAVING account to handle a small mumber of checks my little shop takes in made out to the buisness name.

It was $6 dollars a month service charge, and they could not drop the charge. then it was 12. My credit union had already given me the date that they would have small buisness accounts, and for free.

The day before I moved the account, BofA sent a letter saying the monthly service charge was going to $20 the next month.

I opened the Credit union account, went over to BA and closed that account, while I was doing this the manager came over and said "YOU should have given us a chance". My reply was "you haven't heard us for over two years why should we think you would hear me yet, but you can hear me now, GOOD BYE!"

don't miss then one bit!

Al

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The accounts I have with Bank of America are set up in such a way that I do not get charged for any add on services like stopping checks (2 in over 30 years to the same payee for mail order medications), the checks themself, any transactions I choose to make be it at the walk up, drive up, call up, internet, or tellers window ... I take checks all the time and never paid a service charge for anything which is obviously all part of my Accounts with Bank of America ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.