1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FYI - Cabela's AA Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by UtahYork, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

0   0   0

FYI - Cabela

I received a mailer from Cabela's and it is titled "Savings Book". The coupons are valid from Oct. 13-23. There's a Winchester AA coupon it there and you can save $25 off a case. To be clear, I stopped by the Cabela's in Lehi, Utah today to verify the coupon. They told me there's no limit, so I'll pick up 5 cases at $85-$25=$60. Then, I'll send in my $20 Winchester AA rebate per case and that will make it $40 per case X 5 cases. I think that's an awesome deal. In fact, a couple of my "friends" will be purchasing 5 cases each, too. ;)

York

2. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

0   0   0

Sounds like a great deal to me!

3. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

0   0   0

Might want to read your coupon a bit more carefully. I thought the same thing as you, but once you read the fine print on the coupon it states, Reguler price is $85, then they are on sale for $80, and then once you send in the Winchester rebate it makes them $60 per flat...for a savings of $25. Very tricky sales ad, just what big box retailers are known for. Garrett

4. 19539trap

19539trap Member

0   0   0

Only good for $100.00 rebate

5. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

0   0   0

ClaySmoke, That's exactly why I stopped by the store. I was thinking what you are thinking. My coupon says "Save $25 with coupon". It doesn't have anything about on sale from $84.99 down to $79.99 or $5 off. It shows regular price of $84.99. It shows Save $25. And it shows a final price of $59.99. I asked the Customer Service counter and they said YES - two of them said this. So, I'll give it try this Thursday or Friday. I'll go to the Customer Service counter first to verify again - if they say YES, I'm grabbing 5 cases. I'll cross my fingers, but I'll let you know how things go.

York

6. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

0   0   0

Interesting...the ad I have clearly states $59.99 after $20 mail-in rebate per case. I'll be anxious to see if they actually give you $25 off at the register. Garrett

7. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

0   0   0

I see the small print you are talking about - bottom right corner of the coupon. I'll still stop by and see if they give me a deal. The worst that can happen is they'll say "Get the he!! out of hear and never come back! Well, except to buy shotgun shells at full price!" :)

York

8. lightning20ga

lightning20ga Member

0   0   0

why dont they just sell them straigh up no paper work 2 fuin easy

9. Gun Dog

Gun Dog TS Member

0   0   0

No $hit, If they need 5 dollars a box out of them Sellem for 5 dollars a friggin box already.

10. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

0   0   0

What happened when you went back?

Ajax

11. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

0   0   0

Not yet - sale starts Thursday, October 13.

12. releasebob

releasebob Member

0   0   0

Stopped there today $79.99 plus the normal rebate of $20 per case don't waste your time.BOB

13. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I was all set to make a trip to the Reno Cabela's until I saw the fine print - clearly it specifies the $59.99 price requires getting the mail in rebate.

That still is a good geal on AAs but it is a lot of work for not much gain. (IMO)

14. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

0   0   0

Almost, but no go. I went in and asked at the service desk. The first guy told me yes, save $25 off a case. Then, he asked two others standing close by and I was voted off the island 2-to-1. Oh well, Cabela's is on my way home - didn't hurt to try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.