1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

fuzzballs when making shot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dblell, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dblell

dblell Member

new at making shot with littleton shot maker. using wheel weight lead and stewart 8 1/2 drippers. The question is after running shot maker for about 1 hour I get about 60# of shot. OK But I have about 1# of FUZZ balls in the shot. Any thought about where the FUZZ balls come from? Fuzz balls about the size of number 5 or 6 shot and they get sorted out but can't figure where they come from. Any ideas????

2. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

i know if i add too mutch lead i get large/oddball looking shot,if its fairly round i make game shoot off shells,the other junk i remelt.mark

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

The fuzz balls come from cooling the shot too fast.

Jim

4. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

I had the same problem when I had too much water mixed with my coolant. It made shot that looked like popcorn sometimes.

5. dblell

dblell Member

Thge coolant for the fuzzballs is a sierra brand type anti freeze. A friend had some bulk that tested out to be -100 rather than the store bought stuff, so I mixed 6 gallons of the -100 and 1 gallon of the store bought stuff and have now added 1/2 gallon water to the mix. Last batch shot seemed rounder but still had half a hand full of the fuzzballs to 60# shot