1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Funny! My Grandmother and voting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim Porter, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

This is true. When Kennedy ran I was in highschool and got interested. I asked my grandmother who she was voting for and she said she didn't vote. I asked--Ever?? She said no, never. I asked why not? (I hope the moderator doesn not delete this because it's what she said). She said she voted one time in her life and that was for Herbert Hoover (blamed for the great depression for those of you who don't know) and anybody that damed dumb should never be allowed to vote again! (Her exact words). She lived to be 93, would have been 100 this year, and never voted again. I sure do hope that there are not alot of people fifty years from now who feel like she did in the late sixties. ps I sure do miss her!!

2. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Jim, I would say your grandmother was not dumb, but rather as Americans our choices for President and so many other federal, state and local offices range from not good to awful.

John Ertel

3. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I never said she was dumb, that was her words. She was very far from dumd. She told me once that I needed to find a new girlfriend because the one I brought home did not eat anything and I was a big guy and would just not work. She was right, I married a COOK among many other things forty years ago and Nanny loved her just like me. She also told me the day I left for college that I should remember that "nothing good happens in any town after midnight"---Dumb??? NO WAY!!!

4. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Jim,

Great story!

I think it illustrates a sad truth I find myself mumbling under my breath far too often lately, "Common Sense ain't so Common anymore".

5. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Jim, you misunderstood me if you thought, that I thought that you said your grandmother was dumb. If you re-read my post, it shows that I understood she was calling herself dumb, and I am saying that she wasn't but had crappy choices of politiicans to vote for, just like we do now. She sounded pretty damned wise to me. Hope this clears things up for you regarding my previous post.

John Ertel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.