1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Funeral Notice for Gary Dodge of MN

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by primed, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Gary A. Dodge

Avid Trapshooter Retired Pipefitter On December 23, 2010 at the age of 64. He is survived by his loving wife Donna; sons Karl (Diana), Keith; grandson Carter; sister Rita (Joseph) Stern; brother James (Brenda) Dodge; many nieces, nephews, other family and friends. Funeral service 11:30 am Monday, December 27, 2010, at THE ALLEY CHURCH 7955 Ivystone Ave. Cottage Grove, with burial in Ft. Snelling National Cemetery. Visitation 10:30-11:30 am Monday at the church prior to the service. 651-459-2875

2. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Bob H- would you please express my condolences to the family? Thanks PK

3. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

Here is a link to the guest book for Gary. Our condolances to his wife and family. Jerry and Cheryl

4. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

5. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

When I first started shooting registered trap, in the late 80's, Gary was one of the first guys I shot with. We traveled to shoots together, shot together, spent evenings at dinner together, and shot leagues together right up until this year when Gary was to ill most days to shoot. Gary one of the best shooting partners I ever had. At the end of the day of shooting, it was nearly impossible to tell if Gary had shot well or poorly. It did not really seem to matter to Gary what score he posted that day. What was important to him was he had fun and he wanted you to have fun.

Gary was an ex-Marine and was a lifetime pipefitter. He was good at his job and his dependability was legendary. When I first spoke with Gary after hearing of his illness, he told me "Mark, it isn't good. But you know, at least I'm going to have enough time to take care of things so my family won't have to worry about it." Typical Gary, he always worried about his family and others first.

Gary lived his life honorably. He raised two great sons. He loved and cherished his wife. He loved and respected our sport. Rest well my friend and save me a spot on your last squad up there.

Mark Zauhar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.