1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fun Shoot at South End Gun Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Grousehunterkel, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grousehunterkel

Grousehunterkel TS Member

Sun Nov 29 South End GC will be hosting the annual Fun Shoot. 2-3-4-5 hole targets-25 per trap. 1st trap 2 hole, 2nd 3 hole, 3rd 4 hole and the 4th trap will be 5 hole targets. Cash prizes to Champion, Categories and classes. Also $150 will be added to the Lewis class for this event. There are also options on the 50s-1st and last. Shooters may shoot as many times as they want, but can only win 1 cash prize. Office opens 9 am shooting starts at 10. Kitchen open for breakfast.

2. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

3. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

4. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Are you shooting the 22nd, if so, program ??

5. Grousehunterkel

Crab
    Yes we are shooting tomorrow(22). 50 16 yds Lewis class. Shoot starts at 11 am.

6. Grousehunterkel

The extended weather report looks good for Sunday.

7. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

8. Grousehunterkel

Who's going to win this shoot and with what score? Some of the local AAA shooters will be hunting!! Could be wide open.

9. Grousehunterkel

10. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Way to go South End. Nice shoot. 4 and 5 hole targets are a HOOT!. Can't wait to do it again.

11. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

99 of 100 came in on the 2nd last squad-outstanding shooting. The 'dawg stunk up the field today. Makes one wonder why the chicken shi-- on this forum are so afraid of three-hole targets. They weren't nuttin' compared to the 4th trap. Well done South End!!

12. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

So who were the winners? How many entries?

Ed Yanchok

13. Grousehunterkel

Ed- There is another post with the results posted.Glenn

14. Grousehunterkel

Andy
    Thanks for your comments. I heard a lot of positive comments at the shoot today. This would be a good event for the ATA to explore. I think it is as much fun as doubles. I was only able to break one 25 today-on Trap 4!!!

15. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Disbelievers should try to match that event turnout on the day before PA's deer season. It certainly makes a believer out of some doubters who fail to realize the need for a tougher target. Bring 'em on ATA fluff target officials who believe change is a bad word!!

16. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I'm with you oleollie. 4 and 5 hole targets certainly make you pay attention. I got all the 4 hole, and missed 2 straight-aways (???) on the 5-hole. Go figure.

Anyway, I'd certainly shoot 5-hole in ATA competition. Maybe they should start it out in championship shootoffs. It should be more entertaining, and maybe it would shorten them to 200-300 birds.

I had a blast. Now I have to find a club that throws 5-hole wobble targets. That ought to be a real treat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.