1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fun/Meat Shoot on USA Bunkers. Fort Carson Dec. 17

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by colobiggun, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

For the first time, we are holding a fun shoot at Fort Carson USA bunkers on Saturday, December 17th from 9:00 a.m. until we're done!!! Will shoot Annie Oakley's, bushwhackers, best of 5, and other games you want to play. Proceeds will benefit the USA Junior Shotgun program. Prizes will be given to winners, along with some door prizes just for showing up!! This is sure to be a fun and exciting time!! Come on out, test your skills on some International clays, win some prizes, all for a great cause!!! Hope to see you there!!

2. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Sounds good!

I will come and tell my buddies if you will also open an adjacent field just for regulation shooting practice at the normal members price of $5 per round.

One field for games, another one or two fields for rounds of bunker trap, deal?

Sportshot.

3. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

How about 2 fields for games and one for regular shooting? Can probably arrange that. Proceeds still go to the junior program.

4. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

absolutely!!!

I'll get the word out here in Denver, thanks.

ps - there will be no trouble getting on base through the gate all day, correct?

5. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

The gate will be open. Bring LOTS of friends!!

6. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

I'll be there!!!!!! With 2 or 3 more!!!!

Can't wait to embarrass myself!!!!

7. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

We're also open to ideas on what you would like to receive for prizes? We have had suggestions of possible USA Shooting merchandise (hats, pins, shirts, stickers, a day of instruction from an athlete, etc), meat, gift certificates, or just good old fashioned money. Would love to hear from you what you would like to receive. Cost will be $4.00/ticket or $5.00/round with proceeds going to the junior program. We should have some good door prizes too!!!

8. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

This is great. I am very happy you are doing this. I have been trying to get into bunker shooting, unsuccessfully, for several years now. This is one idea...

you have tons of AA hulls down there, giving a target box full as a prize, or supplement prize or door prize would be nice. I would also like autographed pix of some of the team members. Finally, if Brett, or someone, would like to conduct a 1-2 hour clinic sometime during the day, as maybe an after lunch activity and charge $20 bucks or so, plus targets, a lot of us non-technical types may want to participate, I would.

I am putting a sign up in the Buckley TSSC club house this weekend and if you contact Gary N. or Jayson, maybe they would put a notice up on the Colorado Trap Shooters web site...

Seriously, thanks for doing this. I want to help make it a success (so you will do more~~)...

Charlie C. in Denver (Sportshot)

9. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

LOVE the ideas!! Hulls are not a problem. Will get some packaged up and ready.

I have 10 collared shirts and 10 hats with the USA Shooting logo on them for prizes. Maybe get some team members to sign them and give them as prizes? Let me know on who you would like autographed photos from and I will work on it between now and then (no guarantees, but very possible.)

Jake Turner agreed to do a lesson, but unfortunately he will be heading home for the holidays before this shoot, but am certain we can arrange a time afterwards? If there is another athlete or coach you would be interested in having a seminar from, let me know and I will see what I can do.

I wrote Gary last night with the info and am hoping he posts it soon.

I also have a Mossberg Model 5500MKII we will raffle off the day of the shoot. Tickets will be $5.00 each or 5/$20.00. Probably won't get much better odds of winning a shotgun as you will on this one?

We are super excited with a new program we are trying to get off the ground. We are starting a new Junior Shotgun Program to develop talent that is not currently on the team but interested in becoming one. We are working on doing the same for interested adults, allowing more access and coaching with the possibility of leagues, fun shoots, and organized events to create a larger talent pool to draw from. Club and USA membership will be mandatory, but at a nominal cost and greater access. Come help us get this first event off to a great start and let's see how big we can grow this. Looking forward to having you and your friends!!

10. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

And....I can e-mail you a flyer to post if you would like. Just contact me at the e-mail listed at the beginning of this post.

11. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

12. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

TTT for a good cause.

Let's get some great support for the future of Team USA Shotgun Sports!!!!!

13. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

Well Charlie, you asked for it. You got it!! Bret has agreed to do a 1-2 hour clinic/overview around lunchtime the day of the shoot!! He was surprised there was an interest, but agreed to do it as a way to get this Junior program off right!!

The photos are a bit tougher, as most of the athletes are either home or heading there for the holidays. I thought about asking the ones that are there to pose with whoever would like a photo, print it right there, and have them sign it for you?? I do know SOME of the athletes will be there to help run it and maybe shoot a few?

The prizes are coming together. We will have the traditional hams, turkeys, etc, but also going to have some boneless New York Strip beef roasts, some USA Shooting apparel, pins, stickers, thermoses, koozies and so forth. Going to throw in some shells (AA's or Remington) for a few prizes, along with a few Hickory Farms packages and whatever else we can get? We also have a $50 cash prize that will be placed randomly on the tree for one lucky winner!!

Going to try something a little different with the prize distribution by placing the name of the prize in small Xmas stockings and winners choose a stocking and get whatever prize is indicated inside. Should be fun because you never know what you're going to win!!

And don't forget we will be giving away the Mossberg shotgun at 1:00 to some lucky person!! All in all, trying to have some fun and get this program started in a positive manner. Looking forward to seeing all of you down there!!!

14. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

sent your flyer to Steve, the TSSC President, and he passed it along to Mike Guterriz of the Buckley Bears, and others. I'm sure he will talk about it and put it up in the club house. .... I am range officer this Sunday and will be spending the day getting participation committments.

Bret is surprised that people would be interested in a clinic by a 4 time Olympian? And National Team Coach...? I hope there is strong interest in that activity too.

15. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Wish I could make this, be a great time! Nuts! Hal Hitchcock

16. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

17. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

18. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

A little over 12 hours from now and the fun begins. We should have 50+ degree weather and a beautiful day to shoot. Let's have some fun!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.