1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fun in Winnemucca

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by warren, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warren

warren Member

I shot at the Winnemucca Spring Shoot in Winnemucca, Nv. yesterday they had 30 full squads. My first time to shoot there very nice club and well run, I highly reccomend it if your in that area. Those gold mines are paying off. I was a guest of Delong Construction and Drilling many thanks for a great time.

warren

2. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i was sleeping in a wide spot along 95 north of winnemucca one night in the 80,s.i was going out to deliver some parts to one of the open pit gold mines north on 95 & then west of winnemucca. i got up in the middle of the nite to pee & there were 2 or 3 lites up in the sky that i can,t explain. they were shining extremely brightly quite a ways into the distance. the spot area where the lights was hitting the ground was lit up like it was daylight in that particular spot. absolutely no sound emitting from whatever was shining these lights. i didn,t sleep much the rest of the nite.in the morning i looked up to where the lights were coming from & there was nothing but blue sky. whatever it was emitting these lights was not veryhigh in the air...& i can assure all of you that have never been to an open pit gold mine in nevada that the security personnel is not a bunch of old retired geezers wanting something to do.. my directions were to go north on 95 to hiway 140 then head west for a few miles to the widest road i came upon. then turn left & head back in. no signs anywhere telling the public there is a gold mine down that road. if you want some excitement leave oregon on 140 sometime heading into nevada.there are a hill or 2 on that 2 lane road WITHOUT any barriers that if you drive off the road it will be awhile until you hit bottom. i spent many an hour in winnemucca. nice town & nice people. dwain

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

That would have been the Sleeper mine Dwain. It was incredibly rich and there was a for real security effort during its hey day. I know of several 1 pound (+) 'samples' that came out of there. Most open pits are quite different though as the gold is sub microscopic and not recoverable by gravity methods.

But as to the subject line, yep the Winnemucca club has been reborn and how. I was there and lucky enough to be on the winning team ... big thanks to Todd Delong and the rest of the group that made it happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winnemucca trap club