1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FTF Bottom barrel Citori

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goosecall, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

I had my Browning dealer call Browning parts department, and talked to a Engineer, and was told the new firing pins were longer. I received my new firing pins, and indeed they are longer in the back portion of the firing pin. Old firing pin o.l. 1.192, new firing pin o.l. 1.210, .018 longer. The pin has a sharper radius, and not as blunt. 10Tenner

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

So if they are longer in the back portion and longer overall, I assume that the front portion is the same length as the old pins????

That would seem to make sense if you want the same amount of penetration of the tip through the breech face.

I imagine that the new pins are heavier than the old pins. Could you weigh them and compare to be sure? If so, then the extra length in the rear portion of the pin would seem to be for adding weight rather than extra length for hitting the primer.

One little trick for making the lower pin hit harder is to snip about 2 coils off the firing pin return spring.

Easystreet

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

My hot tip is to clean firing pin channel, and use Wolff Extra Power Mainspring on right hammer.

4. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

An interesting side note to myself and just information to readers of this thread - the browning springs for the .410 bore Citori are a couple of coils longer than the 12 gauge spring but other than length, appear to be the same.

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The factory Mainsprings for the small frame Citori are a little shorter (1.90") than the ones for the 12 ga frame (2.10").

I typically keep these perts in stock, but service 20 or more 12's to one small bore.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Funny, this is about the 4th time in a year for this subject. And very seldom does anyone mention the business end of the firing pin.

I have had cratered firing pins develop twice in my Citori, which were replaced to solve the ftf problem.

The end of the pin absolutely must be smooth and perfect, or the problem will appear and get progressively worse.

Cleaning the channel is also important. I apply a thin coat of Break Free, and that's it.

If I knew the correct length of the mainsprings I might check them. they were replaced once in 22 years.

HM

7. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

Old firing fin 52.0grs, new firing pin 53.4grs. When the hammer rests in it's fired position against the firing pin, the firing pin still has some travel forward before making contact with the back surface of the firing pin slot, and bottoms against the pin that holds the firing pin in place. By lengthening the back portion of the firing pin, the firing pin will protrude farther. I will add that I have used Wolf, and J&P custom springs, but still misfires. I will continue to use the J&P custom springs. WAA hulls, and Estate or Top gun hulls using Fiocchi 209 primers and a PW loader. the over sized or squared primer will dish the base of these hulls when using a PW loader. 10Tenner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning cynergy ftf top barrel

citori ftf bottom barrel

ftf in a citori