1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ft. Stewart, Georgia trap club. Who shoots there?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by recurvyarcher, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Do any of y'all shoot at Ft. Stewart Army base in Georgia? I just found out that they have a trap and skeet club there. I might be visiting the base this year. Let us all know what you think about the club.

The current price per round is listed as $4.00 on the base's website. What are the facilities like?

Thanks!

2. pahunter1

pahunter1 TS Member

Devi: Do you get to the PG range in MD. much. Me and my son shot quite a few rounds with you and a couple of your friends who meet us there. I get down there every so often and we shoot sometimes Sat. and Sun. I don't know if you remember, but my son is stationed at Ft.Meade and the day we meet up with you, you were having trouble with your gun opening. Maybe we can meet up sometime again. Take Care ED

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Devi, I have never shot there but some of my friends have. Anytime you are going to be in the area, please email me or call(912 449 1010) as I would sure love to meet you and shoot a round or two with you. Ft Stewart is about Sixty miles from where I live so would not be a big deal to visit. I will try to find out more info about it. I honestly thought they only had skeet fields there but will check it out.

4. Shooting Jack

Thought this might help for contacts and time info.

Holbrook Recreation Area
    Bldg 8325, Hwy 144 East
    435-8209 or 435-8205
    Hours of Operation:
    Mon, Thu, Fri: 11 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
    Sat & Sun & Training Holiday: 7 am - 3 pm
    Closed Tue & Wed
    Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day & New Years Day

Skeet Range open to the public on Thursdays.

5. Shooting Jack

I just got back from Ft Stewart and they have one skeet and one trap field. They are open to the public on Thursday's after 3 pm and don't know about the rest of the time. Jackie B.

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Jackie, that sounds great. I've been wanting to shoot with you for a while now. I don't know exactly when I'll be down, but I definitely want to shoot with you. We can get Mike Brazell to come and we'll have 3 of us...I don't think he is too far away, but I'm not sure. I'll program your number into my cell phone and call you when I get down that way. But it might be a few months, depending on how things develop and which depot visits are prioritized (but that one is on the target list). I'll pm you my cell phone number.

Ed, I certainly do remember you. Your son was about to get out and was asking our friend, Guy Babin, about the job market. I moved to Kansas since then (I married the Pheasantmaster), so I don't shoot at PG very often anymore. :) But if you pm me we can exchange cell phone numbers and I'll call you when I'm back that way as we kept our farm back east. PG will be on my to-do list when I'm in the area. Thanks for remembering me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ft stewart skeet trap