1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ft. Rucker Gun Club - Thanks!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by spitter, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

You might recall I was inquiring about the Ft. Rucker Club housed on the post in southeast Alabama... just got back, but wanted to share my recent experience.

Situated within the reservation, I had to pre-register my firearms with the Provost Marshal, but that took little time and effort. The night of, it was somewhat intimidating, my first time having to produce my shotguns to verify the serial numbers with the guard, but the clay shooting more than compensated for it.

I brought my Superposed and 90T. The facility offers skeet, 5-stand and trapshooting. Rucker is a multiple skeet field venue, which hosts NSSA registered events, but does offer a Pat-Trap for trapshooting, plus a nice 5-stand arrangement overlaying one skeet field. Imagine being able to shoot 24/7... I was envious!

OK... so I had to get used to Apache and Blackhawk helicopters flying over head on occasion, but that added to the ambiance of the range!

These folks are serious about their shooting! But I had so much fun shooting the 5-stand, that I shot some skeet to cool down... and never did open the 90T! The gentlemen and ladies of the Rucker Club couldn't have been more generous to this first timer.

My sincere thanks to Brad (president), Henry, Ralph, Clay and Emma for making me feel like I was shooting at my home club... If your travels take you to the "Wiregrass" - southeast Alabama or north Florida (panhandle), consider looking up these folks for an excellent shooting experience with good targets and fair prices and southern hospitality!

Regards all,

Jay Spitz

2. THALL

THALL Member

Jay:

Glad you had a great time down here.... Brad Feldon is a true southern gentlemen when it comes to gun sports (even if he is a "skeeter"...a AAA at that)...He has been a lot of help to me on various shooting issues (i.e. associations, clubs & shooting)...He is president of the Alabama Skeet Shooting Association....Trying to convert him over to shooting more trap....His daughter Emma is a charmer...If you ever get a chance come about an hour & 1/2 north of Ft. Rucker & shoot at Dixie Trap & Skeet, L.L.C....Tim Hall

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Tim:

Thanks for the comments... next time down, I'd like to shoot Dixie Trap. It'd be about 100 miles from Hartford.

My Black's W&C says Wednesdays 4-Dark and Sundays 1-Dark... no lights?! Website?!

regards,

Jay

4. THALL

THALL Member

Hello Jay:

Try www.dixietrap.com....two lighted fields....call Bill Parson at 334.399.7996, he is the owner...he can give you the complete lowdown...During deer season, we try to keep the shooting to the middle of the day (i.e. 11:00 - 1:30) & occasionally at night...keeps the neighbors happy...nice accomodations, trap, skeet & a hellacious 5 stand...Have a great Thanksgiving...Tim Hall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bill parson shooting skeet
by laws for trapping on ft rucker
fort rucker skeet & trap club
fort rucker skeet range

fort rucker trap and skeet

ft rucker provost marshall
ft rucker skeet range
guns for sale by owner