1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ft Myers Florida trap shooters - are you there?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BarryA, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarryA

BarryA Member

In anticipation of spending a considerable period of time in the Ft Myers area for the winter, I would appreciate hearing from any active trap shooters there. I'll let the wife vacation, I'll go shoot!

2. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I face the same situation as you. In the past I have driven to Sarasota and Silver Dollar. We have stayed in south Fort Myers, near Sanibel .
    I think at this time you will likely find me in Tucson Estates,Tucson,Az.
    Tucson Trap & Skeet has made me feel very comfortable.

Joe Woods/Ontario.

3. wopahoe

wopahoe Member

Four places to shoot in the area. Sarasota,Markham park (Ft. Lauderdale),Port of the Islands(Naples) and Miami(club casadores). Good luck, lots of windshield time.

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

It's about 135 miles from Ft. Meyers to Markham and 170 to Trail Glades range in Miami.

Eric

5. jimsw

jimsw Member

I spend the winters in the Fort Myers area, (Sanibel) and shoot at Sarasota. If you are near Route 75 the trip north is about an hour. It is about the same south to Port of the Islands. It is longer from Sanibel because its about 23 miles to Rte 75.

6. Rottweil72

Rottweil72 TS Member

I bought a lot in River Bend Motor Coach Resort just East of Ft. Myers -- Could not find any gun clubs close by -- as said above -- you have to drive a lot to get anywhere --- need a place closer to Ft. Myers !!!! Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.