1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FT.Leavenworth trap shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leadspreader, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

anybody have any info on this range? I visited their website and they shoot reg. skeet but didn't say anything about reg. trap. just wanted to know if you have shot there and what their trap club is about.

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have shot there- not for awhile but they have a great facility- they had beomat traps-

I havent been there in a couple of years- its really about someone running the shoot- if there is an ATA shooter there he might be able to talk them into it

Now you have to have a permit to take your gun on post ( before you come- and the exact gun by serial number) and you will be checked- and searched

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Do the inmates set the targets? Do the shooters give the inmates a head start? Fred

4. emm2

emm2 Member

They do not throw registered trap targets, they promote the registered shoots at KCTA in Smithville. It's a fun club to shoot and Mike Stockman is a great guy but you do have to have your gun registered prior to showing up. The MP search every vehicle that enters the fort and the numbers on you gun registration had better match the gun you brought. It's not real complicated but a lot of shooters don't want all the hassle.

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i have shot there numerous times- as a nonnegative comment- it is a skeet/5 stand mentally run range! nice guys, cozy club house, good assortment of forsale items.-- yes the permit is a pain- but a lil pretrip planning will suffice. but if you show up with a 34" unsingle, you'll feel a lil out of place!!-- i never have figured why the military people are more in tune with skeet? for that matter- why isnt ata type trap that widespread? now there is another thread to start!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.