1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS Winchester SuperX M1 Monte Carlo Stock

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kgb, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgb

kgb Member

The glossy finish washes out the color a little, and the figure changes a little as the viewing angle changes, but the stock is really nice. Overall length of pull is a touch over 14.5", I laid the stock over the one I use on my gun to illustrate this. The pad is a Terminator, at .9" thick, so I don't know if the stock was shortened to get to 14.5" with the pad or if the original came with a plastic plate or rubber pad.

$360 shipped to you, email if interested.

Kirk

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kgb

kgb Member

Anyone heard from the poster going by chuckles? Got a pm from him asking if I'd received his emails and I responded via pm but haven't heard back.

Kirk

3. chuckles

chuckles Member

Hi Kirk, I have been very busy lately, yes I did receive your PM.

Sorry to hear that you did not receive my last 3 emails...???

anyway, your first 4 or 5 pics in this post look like really nice wood.

then your last 4 or 5 pics look like a totally different piece of wood, is it the camera angles or is the stock really that washed out....

also in your 2nd pic is that a crack in the forend or just some kind of line or flaw in the finish...

just trying to get it all sorted out...would you have a money back with the sale in case I get it and dont like it for some reason...???

regards...Chuck

4. kgb

kgb Member

Chuckles, no emails received, and you'd have to remove the xyx and bbacd from the link in the post above.

I'm not sure where you're seeing a potential crack in the forend, but it must be something from the flash. There's a light colored area extending from the back of the checkering but I can't see it when looking the forearm over in my hand. I took all of those photos with indoor lighting and a harsh flash, believe me I had to keep checking the stock to see where the colors, streaks and splotches were coming from. You can tell the color shades change from shot to shot, the finish is reflecting the flash and making it look worse with each picture. Sorry. In the 8th picture, there's a thumb-sized dark area at the topline, it looks like a knot. The finish there, and toward the front from there, has a slight "crazing" look to it like on some of the Belgian Browning rifles from the '60's. Can't catch it with a fingernail, but it's there. Otherwise solid, no cracks or anything other than what you'd consider "handling marks" on a used Trap gun.

If there's something I've missed that is a functional issue, yes I would refund $350. If it turned out you didn't like the color, then nope, no refund. : )

Kirk

5. chuckles

chuckles Member

Give me until Monday then I will let you know...regards

6. kgb

kgb Member

Sale pending, will let you know if it does not pan out by Monday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.