1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS: Winchester Model 70 Classic Stainless 7mm

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Pocatello, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

0   0   0

I'm sitting here having one of those senior moments. There is a Latin term I can't recall, used for two words that are utterly incongruous, like "honest" and "politician". I don't want to bash you, and I know it's not your fault, but another two such terms are "classic" and "stainless". To me a classic rifle means a walnut stock with simple, clean lines, no rollover comb or Weatherby-like frills, and satin bluing, certainly not stainless with a fiberglass stock.

2. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

0   0   0

Also, "Classic Stainless" is Winchester's name for this model. I have a 300 WM "Classic Stainless"

Classic is not used as an adjective in this case it is used to denote the fiream's model name.

HBT

3. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

0   0   0

Yup, if a Model 70 was made after 1964 and doesn't say classic, it's a pushfeed action. If it's says Classic, it's a controlled round feed. Big difference when you're considering value, too. Nice gun.

4. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

0   0   0

EE,

I wish it could be mine. I'm unfortunately graduating college this week, though, so that means I'm broke! It would be a dandy graduation present if you were so inclined, though... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.