1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS: Winchester Diamond Grade Topsingle

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by cementman, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cementman

cementman Member

0   0   0

Have a safequeen for sale. Winchester Diamond Grade Trap Gun Oversingle with 34" barrel. This gun was one the last manufactured by Winchester and as stated on the box a "Classic Double" (even though a single). Gun has adjustable trigger pull and factory ported barrels which are flush mounted chokes, i.e., Imp Mod, Full and XFull included. Gun came with a monte carlo stock which was professionly cut to an adjustable comb. Safequeen it was, metal is perfect, wood would say 98% with a few surface nicks. Gun has not been shot much. Priced at $1250.00 plus ship/ins from 48381. Have pictures, trouble posting, please email "drop the x"s).

2. cementman

cementman Member

0   0   0

<a href="http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/kgwolo/?action=view¤t=IMG_0508.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/kgwolo/?action=view¤t=IMG_0509.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/kgwolo/?action=view¤t=IMG_0511.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

3. butch32

butch32 Member

0   0   0

Ken, interested will call you tommorow, Lawrence.

4. cementman

cementman Member

0   0   0

5. cementman

cementman Member

0   0   0

Received a lot of mail and even a few phone calls but no money in hand on this site so had no choice to list on Gunbroker http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=127173111

Maybe somebody wants to take a second look.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I thought this sold, nice looking gun, worth the $$

7. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

0   0   0

Hey -- I am confused -- you say this is a "Classic Doubles" and you say it is a Winchester 101 -- which is it ?? The two are not the same thing - Classic Doubles was made after Winchester stopped making them or something like that! And if it is a Classic Double shotgun the model number would not be a 101. the beav

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

It's the same basic platform as a 101 made by Japanese manufacturer Miroku. When the Classic Doubles version was marketed they had overboard barrels whiched really tamed them down, recoilwise. I believe the triggers were improved as well.

A pretty servicable trapgun especially for a new shooter.

9. ink ball

ink ball Member

0   0   0

The 101 Winchester and the Classic Doubles that followed were not made by Miroku, They were made by Kodensha in Tochigi, Japan.

10. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

0   0   0

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

ink ball,
    You're right. My error.

12. cementman

cementman Member

0   0   0

Yes, Kodensha in Tochigi ended up making Winchester guns and called them Classic Doubles, a name they purchased from Winchester. They did produce an entry level trap gun but never a Diamond Grade gun.

This gun called a "Classic Double" was manufactured by Winchester in it's classic Diamond Grade pattern. Took a picture of the boxend which clearly notes the gun as a "Winchester" but having a problem putting it in Photobucket for posting to this board, Oh Well, will keep on trying.

13. cementman

cementman Member

0   0   0

Picture of box end, I Think:

<a href="http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/kgwolo/?action=view&current=IMG_0546.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

14. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

0   0   0

That is very strange - I have to admit I have never seen that combination of names before and the label on the box looks genuine too. You may have a Winchester collectors dream there. the beav

15. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Is the adjustable comb factory or aftermarket?Jerry

16. cementman

cementman Member

0   0   0

Adjustable comb is aftermarket and a fantastic job at that, almost as good as Tron's work - - - - Ha Ha

17. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

0   0   0

Something of interest, Winchester only imported this gun during 1986 and 1987. the beav

18. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Would you know who did that adjustable cmb for you?

19. cementman

cementman Member

0   0   0

CalvinMD, can't tell you who did the adjustable comb work but it is perfect. Purchased this gun 4 or 5 years back from a older gentlemen that claimed that it had only a flat of shells thru it, believe me, the condition of the gun verified it. Since I have owned it there has been only a couple boxes of shells thru it. Guess the best way to determine how much it has been shot is to take a look at the jeweling on the reciver for wear and there is not much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.