1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS Tubed Winchester M21 Skeet

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by kgb, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgb

kgb Member

0   0   0

I bought this gun in the mid-1990s and hunted with it a few times, then started off with registered 12ga Skeet. After borrowing a Citori 4-barrel set I went ahead and had Briley set up the 21 with 20, 28 and .410 tubes. Each tube set comes with 4 chokes, these each have skeet and/or light skeet plus Imp mod tubes for the variety. I haven't fired many rounds through any of them, all were factory loads as I don't reload anything smaller than 16ga. I never shot more than 2100 clays of combined gauges in a single year, then reverted back to 12ga only. Haven't shot any registered in 3 years or more.

Details of the gun, it's got 28" barrels of WS1/WS2 which are in reality .005" and .014" or Skeet and Mod to most people. The WS1 constricts to .005" then the choke opens from there to the muzzle as found in that choke design. Solid rib, single trigger, ejectors. The gun's a Skeet grade as designated on the floorplate, and according to dimensions I've read for forearms, the one on this gun is of Trap grade dimension--a little longer and shallower than what they call for in a Skeet grade. Serial number is stamped into the forearm wood, matching the frame and barrels as well as the forearm iron. I bought the gun in a re-blued condition, it's still in very good shape. It's highly polished, but sharp edges are retained and lettering is crisp. Downside is there is a slight wave to the bottom rib which you can feel with a fingernail. This has no functional effect, and the barrels ring clear when tapped with a nylon hammer. The gun has a very good trigger, I used to swich barrel order when shooting as a 12ga at doubles and the selector is positive. The stock came to me shortened with a 1" pad that worked okay for hunting with winter clothing but it now wears a 1.25" Kickeez pad which brings LOP to 13.75".

Not a colletor's piece, but a fully functional hunting or target shooting gun all set up for the common gauges.
    $4500 shipped to your ffl. If you have any questions, go ahead and ask here or email to my Yahoo account; fixedchokes

Thanks for looking,
    Kirk

In one picture the right side of the receiver is distorted by glare, but it's every bit as smooth as the left.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I always thought WS-2 was .008 constriction. I once bought a Model 12 solid rib barrel marked WS-2 and it was .008 as told to me by my old gunsmith that fitted it to my solid rib 30" gun. That was a great all around combo and I should have kept it. Guess that's neither here nor there as far as your gun goes....

3. johnboy

johnboy Member

0   0   0

A very reasonable 21!

4. kgb

kgb Member

0   0   0

Claybrdr, unfortunately this is the only WS2 I've personally measured and only other reference I've read refers to its design as "similar to Modified". When I first got the M21 I didn't have any way to measure the chokes and didn't pattern it. After patterning, I started shooting only the right barrel at all singles and my scores picked up. Switched to firing the left barrel first for station 1 and 7 doubles as well, I believe that helped. About the best use of the tighter choke has been at doubles on stations 3, 4, and 5 where distances are probably the greatest by a little.

5. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

It would be a great bird gun for sure.

6. silo1968

silo1968 TS Member

0   0   0

I will take it. PM to follow.
    John Wyatt

7. kgb

kgb Member