1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS TM 1 Special Beauty

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Dickgshot, Apr 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If that's a factory forend, the gun is from the 60's. Don't see many that old in that good a shape.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

WOW, that is a nice pristione gun

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I believe that gun is much newer than the 60's. The 2 char alpha code under the monobloc would indicate the proof date year. The serial number on the trigger is higher than my 1982 TMX.

5. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

an 87 gun I think

6. fillic

fillic Member

0   0   0

I always thought "Specials" had adjustable triggers?

7. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Phil. this was a transiition gun as they went to CNC machining. the firs ones did not have P4s. 87 is fmy best guess for the mfgr. Teh other guns followed with P4s and bigger stocks. By others I mean MX8, DB81, etc

8. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

0   0   0

Something missing here???? Like the price?

9. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Tom. that gun sold

10. BL350

BL350 TS Member

0   0   0

Dear MIA,
    Yes, it looks like a nice clean TM-1. The Perazzi "font" letter style on the left side is correct. The font style of the word "Special" on the right side is script type...Have you ever seen this font type on a TM-1???...on the right side of the receiver? Of course, all the TM-1 Specials had a tapered rib and originally the P4 triggers to the best of my knowledge and experience. Let me know your comments....
    Sincerely, Jet Boat Bill...(still shooting that 34 inch TM-1 barrel that I bought from you!!)

11. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Jet... Well, folks want to argue about this. But until we get the Italians to corroborate who's right, I stand by it being a first of the series Special fomr about the 87 time frame.

12. 687 Trap

687 Trap Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Is this gun still available??? Thought it came up sold.

13. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Someone said this gun is a '86. Seems correct. The European year mark would likely tell us that. The Lippard book says the MX3s came in '87. That would put this gun into '86.

Regardless, the new owner got a nice piece.

14. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

0   0   0

BL350 Said.

"Dear MIA, Yes, it looks like a nice clean TM-1. The Perazzi "font" letter style on the left side is correct. The font style of the word "Special" on the right side is script type...Have you ever seen this font type on a TM-1???...on the right side of the receiver? Of course, all the TM-1 Specials had a tapered rib and originally the P4 triggers to the best of my knowledge and experience. Let me know your comments.... Sincerely, Jet Boat Bill...(still shooting that 34 inch TM-1 barrel that I bought from you!!"

BL350 is right there are some things that are suspect with this TM1. The Font on the Special for one thing. And a non adjustable Gold trigger.
    The kicker is it was made in the 60's.

15. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

It is a mid to late 80,s gun. These guns were the predecesor of the TM-1 SPECIAL as most people know. I remember seeing one new in case. I wanted it bad but I did,nt have the money. It was new in case with factory tubes and the dealer sold it the next day for $2050.00. A friend of mine bought the gun. Who is now deceased. It is legit. Thanks Jimmy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.