1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS Time To Buy Stocks SCREWBEAN MESQUITE FS

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Have to clear miscellaneous inventory to make room for the truckload pictured and seven more like it. This is what the maximum over-the-road load of high grade walnut looks like. Fifty thousand pounds and I'm doing it seven times. Three full of the finest Franquette English Walnut and five full of Black Walnut rootstock that's sixty years old and full of incredible colors, figure, fiddleback and burl. I need to clear my shelves of miscellaneous pieces that I've acquired over the decades so that I have room for the 8 to 10 thousand new rifle and 2 piece blanks that I'll be milling in the next year.

[​IMG]

The first piece I'm selling is a Screwbean Mesquite 2 piece set that I got in a trade two years ago. It measures 22 inches long by 7 inches tall at the butt by 3 inches tall at the muzzle and is 2 and 7/16 inches thick. It is 4 and 3/4 inches tall at the pistol grip, so would not be a good candidate for an extra tall trap or skeet or sporting stock. For more traditional applications it will do just fine. This set is dry and ready to be worked.

[​IMG]

Left side.

[​IMG]

Right side.

[​IMG]

Right side closeup.

[​IMG]

Forend.

Forend blank measures 13 inches long by 4 inches tall by 2 and 1/4 inches wide. I'll ship this set anywhere in the U. S. fifty states for $450.00 and ten percent will be returned to TS.com to further the cause. The earliest time stamped commitment to the email above or a PM here will get this very rare blank. All questions send to the email above.

Mike Mann
    ATA Life
    PITA Life
    NRA Life President's Council
    White Creek Gunstock Blanks LLC
    Your Myrtlewood Source

2. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Skeet2,

A little tongue in cheek on my part. And yes, I do have a lot of room. You'll see other pieces in the near future that are unrelated to the 600 Myrtlewood pieces I recently put in the drying racks and the walnut pieces I'll be working on next.

Mike

3. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Lotsa lookers. Let's drop the price to $375.00 and move it out. Contact me at email above or by PM.

Mike Mann

4. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

HI Mike:
    Wow!! Look at those pieces. Band Mill I assume? I run a sawmill here on the East Coast. We get nothing like that. We saw 3 Million BF/year of Oak/Birch/Beech/Maple/Hichory and Ash. It's amazing the worst looking, ruffest wood produces the most beautiful figure and character. Dave T.

5. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Dave,

Want me to run one of these loads out your way? 25 tons ought to add a bf or two to your numbers. My driver is only charging $3.40 per mile (gulp!!) and the Black Walnut is pretty reasonable. We slab 'em with a high-end Mizer and hit 'em with a band saw and jointer after that.

Email me with your east coast location. I'm out there all the time with my other businesses and shooting and family. Like to stop by and say hello sometime.

Mike

6. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Mike:
    I'd be afraid to put one of those monsters on my HMC carriage. We don't get too many of those out this way. Only Tulip Poplar(trade name is White Wood)
    grows that big out here. No band saws just 54" circulars with 30" topsaws.
    Dave T.

7. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

More lookers, no buyers. Let's move the price down to $299.00 and I'll do the shipping. First one in gets this very rare piece. Everybody else gets to tell the story about how they were that close but some turkey beat 'em to it.

Email or PM to establish your position.

Regards, Mike Mann

8. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

OK! I get the message that money's tight. Last reduction before the price goes back up and this one goes back onto the display rack.

$250.00 for this very rare set and you pay the shipping. This is absolute rock bottom for cured stock wood this rare and this unique. Earliest time stamp owns it, either to the email above or PM me here at TS.

Regards,

Mike Mann

9. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Tough crowd Mike. TTT Dave T.

10. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Tried this one for a week, cut the price almost in half and still no interest. The Mesquite goes back on the shelf at regular price at midnight tonite. If you are thinking about it, the $250.00 price expires 4/28/2009 at midnight Pacific Time.

I'll be listing a very nice blank of English Walnut tomorrow that should be more attractive to the traditionalists among us.

Regards, Mike Mann White Creek Gunstock Blanks LLC

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I think your problem here is that the Screwbean looks too much like oak or hickory. I know if I have a SB wooded stock my midwestern friends would laugh at me. Meaning no offense......Barry

12. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Barry,

None taken. Beauty is only ever in the eye of the beholder. Like beauty, uniqueness is also in the eye..................... Nice piece of English being put up here later tonight.

Regards,

Mike Mann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mesquite gun stocks for sale

mesquite gunstocks for sale

mesquite rifle stock

mesquite wood gun stocksfor sale
screw bean mesquite gun stocks

screwbean mesquite gun stocks

screwbean mesquite rifle stocks