1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS The last factory Winchester M12

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Akita, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akita

Akita Member

0   0   0

OK what I have is the last "Y" model 12 assembled by Winchester for an employee. It is a two barrel set a 30" full Trap and a 26" skeet both barrels are serial number to the gun all having the same serial number. The gun and barrels are 99.999% no blueing or wood issues these are as they came from the factory and fitted in a custom Winchester 101 case and fancy wood as listed. The gun were assembled in April of 1981, from the Dead Rack, as it was called. The dead rack was parts used by Winchester as proof parts these were the so to speak the go or no go with which the other parts were compared to these were the best held for proof of quality assurance. The gun and barrels were assembled using these last parts and assembled in there custom shop. I have the orginal bill of sale from Winchester to which they refer to the dead rack assembly and naming the employee who purchased this as a custom gun. The delivery date is April 7, 1981 and other doc's available. The last "Y" model 12 delivered by Winchester. Sorry my pics are not the best. Price $4,250.00. Thanks Regards, Vince // Freight collect FOB ,shipped to your FFL

akita_2009_020418.jpg

2. wackdux

wackdux TS Member

0   0   0

I respectfully disagree with this being the "Last" Y model 12. In 1984 Guns Unlimited in Omaha, Ne had a limited quantity made up with all the remaining parts that Winchester had. These were all engraved from Grade 1 thru Grade 5.

3. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Yep, last ones were produced in the mid-eighties.

4. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

0   0   0

I believe the original poster is stating that it is the "....last "Y" model 12 assembled by Winchester for an employee."

The key claim/distinguishing factor here is ASSEMBLED BY WINCHESTER and not by another company using "Winchester parts".

Jim C

5. Akita

Akita Member

0   0   0

Thanks for your information I was going by information given to me by the previous owner and the letter and documentation from Winchester. Also as you know Winchester was sold to its employees and than marketed as US Repeating Arms Co. , and i am not sure if the later parts gun are not marked as such. Thanks to all for looking.

Regards and Thanks Jim C I appreciate your imput.

Vince

6. yjwinchester

yjwinchester TS Member

0   0   0

still a nice combo!

7. Akita

Akita Member

0   0   0

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Back in the early 80's at the Spring Grand I saw a stack of new USRA Y models on a vendor's table. Don't recall the vendor, he was right next to Frenchy Frigon.

HM

9. Akita

Akita Member

0   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.