1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS - SUPER X-1 SKEET

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Steve Fischer, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

FOR SALE, a beautiful Winchester SX-1 Skeet gun in excellent condition. Bluing is 98% and the stock and forend have been professionally refinished and recheckered by me and I have added a kick eez pad. LOP is 14 1/2 inches and the bolt buffer, recoil spring and other springs have been replaced with new.

Sale Priced at $950.00 includes shipping to CONUS.
    e-mail: stevefischer2@bellsouth.net
    phone: 786-348-6369
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Field stock, not a skeet stock.

3. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

No,it is actually a skeet gun, but it has had the forend replaced since the original was damaged and badly cracked.

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Edited because I had my head up my ass.

5. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Jeff, The stock dimensions are that of a skeet gun 1 1/2 x 2 inches. (Perhaps I shouldn't have put the white spacer on the forend cap. I just thought it looked good!) Nevertheless, the stock measures that of a skeet gun, not a field gun, and as I said above, the wider beavertail forend was damaged and cracked, so I replaced it with a nicely figured field forend, which frankly I find that it feels better than the fatter wide forend.
    The barrel and receiver are indeed a skeet gun, and that aside, the gun is in superb condition and is offered as a solid shooter, and not a "closet queen" collector gun.

6. JH

JH Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Hey Steve,

What these guys are alluding to is the single diamond in the buttstock.....there is a little group here who are pretty tight.......they judge guns posted by among other things, the diamonds in the buttstock.....what they meant to say was that the buttstock is not a factory original skeet stock....

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

This is all I was going by Steve.
    [​IMG]

8. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

No Problem! In fact, I have seen them (skeet gun stocks) checkering both ways. Late in the production I think they may have used whatever stock was at hand. Either way, the dimensions are right, and the wood has some nice figure in it. It's a very nice shootable gun.

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I noticed after posting my picture the diffrences between your skeet stock and my field stock. The checkering pattern for your skeet stock other then the duel diamond is the same as my skeet stock and diffrent from my field stock.

Your one diamond skeet stock has the checkering come all the way down the pistol grip unlike my field stock with one diamond and like my dual diamond example of a skeet stock.
    Like you say Steve, the dimensions are what makes it a skeet stock not any checkering pattern. The gun in my picture is a prime example of a late skeet gubn. Plain reciever and a gold trigger. Amnybody who is not aware of what when on at the end of the run would say it was a field gun with skeet wood and barrel and yet that is the way it left the factory. Jeff

10. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

SOLD PENDING FUNDS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

super x 1 for skeet

winchester super x1 skeet stock diamensions