1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS: Remington 1100 D Grade Trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tea sipper, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tea sipper

tea sipper TS Member

You can click on the above website to get details about this gun. You can contact me regarding the gun at the e-mail shown above. Sorry, not interested in trades. Thanks.

2. tea sipper

tea sipper TS Member

If you need original photos, e-mail me and I can send them.

3. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Tea, can you give some history on this 1100 and do you have original box?

4. tea sipper

tea sipper TS Member

Sorry, I don't have the original box but the gun will be shipped in a factory 1100 box. I've had the gun several years but am not the original owner. I've shot maybe 10 rounds of trap through it. The gun is a bit too barrel heavy for me as I get older, which is why I'm selling.

5. tea sipper

tea sipper TS Member

6. concordefamily

concordefamily Member

Are you the original owner? About how old is this gun? Has is it been modified or altered in any matter? Thanks

7. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Forgive my stupidity, but what makes this 1100 worth almost two thousand dollars?

Luvn

8. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I suspect a D grade would cost about double that in todays Remington Custom shop and maybe more. I could be wrong but I think this was a gun that Tea sipper bought on here? I think I wanted it and he beat me to it. I could be wrong. It's a beauty non the less. I just bought my wife a Lexus LS430 or I would think about it. Nice gun and well worth two grand. Have you seen the wood on the new trap guns? It's apple crate that they put ten coats of clear coat on to make it look passable and they charge 875 bucks. Say what you want boys but everthing goes up and sometimed things lag behind and become real values and this would be one of them. MY .02 cents Jeff

9. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

"Have you seen the wood on the new trap guns? It's apple crate that they put ten coats of clear coat on to make it look passable and they charge 875 bucks."

My apple crate, purchased two years ago looks better than most of the typical trap o/u's I have seen in the $2,000.00 to $4,000.00 range and much nicer than my new BT99.

A shooting buddy just picked up a new 1100 Classic Trap this summer and it is as nice as mine. The 1100CT's and 870CT's I have seen in the shops this fall look nice too.

There's sure to be some plainer ones out there but I have run across one lately.

I would love to have that D Grade though; but the "play money" fund is currently a bit depleted :(

10. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

OK, so I gather that upgraded wood and the engraving make this worth so much more, but in reality, my 1100 is for shooting, not for looks.

11. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

That is a reality for a lot of people luvnbearhugs1 .The other side of the coin is a guy like me who likes his auto so much he would buy a high grade auto since I will never own a high grade fixed breech gun. Not becuase of money but because I can't shoot a recoil device on a P or K gun. So... if I want a fancy gun it will be an auto. I suspect that in the end I would be like you luvnbearhugs1 and just keep to my trap grade guns for plain old being practical's sake. I had a Super Pigeon Superx-1 that they only made about 50 of and I sold it without shooting it. Being practical is a curse. Jeff

12. concordefamily

concordefamily Member

If you don't think this hand engraved, hand carved, higher grade wood 1100 is worth $1950 then call Remington and see how much they would charge you for a new one. This is a very fair price.

13. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

All I am saying is, if I wanted a fancy gun with expensive wood and engraving, I might not choose to make it an 1100. I liken that to someone adding the gold package to a Honda. It's just a civic, but it's an LS Gold Civic? Whoooo hoooo. It's alot of money for cosmetic looks. My 1100 works for it's self. And by the way, anyone who thinks that fit isn't everything, try shooting your gun blind. I shot in a league sunday with rain pouring down and I couldn't see anything but the end of my barrel, but only sighting the gun and without being able to see the target much, I still shot a 19 on handicap. (patting self on the back) and it's all because my gun was fitted to me VERY well. Cause I sure couldn't see to aim much!

14. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Bodyman,

I never said I had any experience in high grade guns, or trapshooting for that matter. I only said if I were going to spend alot of money on a gun, it wouldn't be for a high grade 1100. For that matter, *I* would not spend alot of money on a gun for shooting trap anyway. Just my personal opinion.

15. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Some opinions are best kept to yourself. A D grade is what it is and in this case it's a $2K gun and well worth the price. Try pricing an F grade.

16. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Although some may feel an 1100 isn't "worthy" of that kind of money for the embellishments, you have to consider the rarity of such a gun. When was the last time you saw one at your local gun club?

Ed

17. FPBristol

FPBristol TS Member

One thing for sure. If he gets his price then that is what the gun is worth.

18. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Well Bridgetoofar, thank you SO much for your support as I ask questions because I just don't understand why an 1100 would be worth 2k. Next time someone suggests putting $1000 worth of wood on a Stoeger, I will just pass that one over too. I'll be sure not to ask such questions or offer my opinion on anything in your presence. For sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

d grade 1100 trap gun

trap grade 1100 d grade prices

remington 1100 d grade for sale