1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS: REM. MOD. 31/ NEW PRICE

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by mickey123, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickey123

mickey123 TS Member

0   0   0

Hi fellas,

I've got a beautiful Remington Model 31 for sale. Simmons did the work on this one. The shotgun is in honest 95-98% condition.

The price for the shotgun is $500, plus shipping.

I'm putting pics of The Model 31 at the end of this post. If you have a serious interest in the shotgun, I can take other pics for you if I missed something. PM me with any questions. I tried to be thorough in the description but as I said, I'm not a real "shotgun guy," at least not yet.

DESCRIPTION:

There are some very, very light handling marks on one side of the butt stock. These are not "dents" or "dings." They look like what happens when someone moves a rifle or shotgun around in a gun cabinet and gets a little careless.

You can see these very few marks, BUT YOU CAN'T FEEL THEM when you run your finger over them. The marks are visible in one of the photos.

There are also some very slight marks on one side of the receiver, ie. handling type marks that show up in the bluing and once again, YOU CAN SEE THESE VERY FEW TINY MARKS BUT YOU CAN'T FEEL THEM IF YOU RUN YOUR FINGER OVER THEM. These marks are NOT visible in the photos. I tried and tried to get them in a photo but I could not.

SPECIFICS:

28" barrel with a Mod. choke.

Bore is perfect.

Barrel is bright and shiny.

Monte Carlo stock.

White Line Recoil Pad by Pachmayr

Vent rib by Simmons Gun Specialties, Kansas City, MO.

Gloworm sight also installed by Simmons. (Rib and sight verified by Paul Salchow, lead gunsmith at Simmons Gun Repair, which wsa born of Simmons Gun Specialties).

LOP - 14 3/8" (measured from the trigger to the end of the recoil pad).

All steel, including receiver and trigger guard; no alloy here.

Date code of DPP puts it at Sept. of 1945. Also has the REP stamping.

Serial numbers on barrel and receiver match. - 65xxx

The finish is impeccable. Mr. Salchow said the shotgun was probably refinished at Simmons Gun Specialties when the former owner or maybe Remington sent it to them for the build up.

There are a couple of proof marks that I can't find any information on:

One looks like an upside down three-leaf clover and the other looks like a pair of circular, old fashioned spectacles, just a circle connected to another circle by a straight line; something like this o-o, but the line actually connects the circles.

Now for the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]