Trapshooters Forum banner

FS - Rem 1100 Sporting 20 *SPF*

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  LABWILD 
#1 ·
Remington 1100 LT-20 Sporting 20 with 28 inch Rem Choke barrel, 4 Extended Choke tubes (SK, IC, LM, M), original Manual and Owner's card but I do not have the original box. Excellent condition, shot very little (less than 500 rounds),trap range only, never been to the field. I purchased new in 2001. It is hard to tell the exterior metal finish and wood stock from new. Mag tube and barrel extension show a little blue wear. Stock has a few very minor dings (not scratches)that will not show in pictures. You must look hard to see them. Price is $750 plus shipping to your FFL. CONUS, but no California. Shipping with insurance should be $25 to $30 via USPS 2nd Day Insured Priority Mail. Payment by USPS Money Order only. PM me if you have questions. Lee

Sold pending funds.

See less See more
#7 ·
There's nothing wrong with that extractor. There is some lint and debris on it because of the oil. A careful look at the breech face will show some lint there too. Looks like a nice gun in almost new condition.

Keep in mind that a 12ga trap stock (straight comb or monte carlo) will fit *IF* you reduce the size of the tenon that fits in the back of the receiver. I did this for both my and my daughter's 1187 20ga Premiers. The wood will be slightly wider and slightly taller than the receiver. I didn't bother to sand them down because it's not that noticeable. This made a couple of really nice 7/8ths scale trap guns and they work well for sporting clays.

#8 ·
Dear Brian

Perhaps you are right. It may just be poor machining with all the tool marks that look like fractures.

I have not seen such a roughly machined part on a Remington that was not broken.

Not trying to queer a sale, just making an observation based on 55+ years of experience, part of it performing warranty service and repair for Remington.

These new ones out of my parts bin are typical Remington quality.

#9 ·
Shooting Coach. Thank you for your observation. I checked the extractor condition and can tell you that it is perfectly fine. This shotgun has no operation issues. I compared the extractors on other 1100s that I own and there is no difference. Poor photography on my part.

Brian in Oregon. thank you for your input.

To all. If you can find a better Sporting 20 at a lower price. GO BUY IT!

Lee

#10 ·
Forgot to thank Eddie (One Eyed Left Handed).

He and I are members of the same Club. Franklin Co. Sportsmen's Club, located near Frankfort, Ky. He is the Club's current President. I am chairman of the Trap Committee. Good friend, and straight shooter. He and his lovely wife Noreen work hard for Trap Shooters!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.