1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS Rem. 1100 FS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rrose, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrose

rrose TS Member

Steve
    where is the gun located. I am looking for a 28in 1100 to put a short stock on for my daughter.
    thanks
    randy

2. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Steve,

Can I be second in line in the event 72298 doesn't buy it?

luvnbearhugs@yahoo.com

3. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Ok Steve, Done!!

4. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Steve,

Just sent you an email back. Send me the information. I will get FFL info to you.

Luvn

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

How much did you ask for the shipping and insurance?

6. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Steve,

Why are you afraid to tell people exactly how much extra you are asking for shipping? I am sure that I am not the only person who thinks $100 is too much. $100 is the difference between a good deal and a not so good deal. There are several guns on here for sale and the shipping is only $20.

Luvn

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I don't know where you are getting that kind of price for shipping with insurance. Unless it's to an adjoining state.

I sent one from Wisconsin to Virginia a coule months ago and it was 39 dollars.

Granted it was insured for 1500 but that was not a signicficant charge.

Shippers all have websites to calculate costs. do the buyers a favor and quote the cost properly.

HM

8. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Folks,

All is not always what it seems. Suffice it to say that the account given for this transaction is incorrect and I am not going to validate it by responding here.

Luvn

9. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

$100 for shipping AND a TWO FFL transaction to boot? You only need ONE FFL on the receiving end. Shipping for somwhere under $50 would be considered a reasonable estimate. Two out of two backing out on a deal. It sounds like the first might have done the same when the shipping charges were mentioned. It sounds like someone said they would take it until they found out what the shipping would be. I could drive that distance and pick the gun up for $100 or less in gas and tolls. My guess is that someone agreed to purchase the gun and had second thoughts when the shipping and TWO FFL transaction was revealed to them. I would have assumed that I could easily have done the same thing myself. I have purchased many items posted on TS.com and NEVER had anyone try to hang me with such unusually high shipping fees. If an FFL was provided on the receiving end and the buyer paid for that, another FFL fee and exhorbitant shipping would certainly kill the deal.

By the way, it looks like removing the spacer should be no big deal, but refitting the pad, or another, to the gun costs money and is not done in 5 minutes. Unless you have the original pad and the butt end of the gun is unaltered, it would require fitting. That costs about $45 around here, plus the cost of the pad (about $30). It's sounding like an expensive deal to me. I bought a Trap 1100 with a nice Monte Carlo stock, needing NO stock modifications. I paid $400 out the door, and it was in great shape. $350 for gun with a standard field stock that has been modified to fit an oragutan isn't a real bargain to begin with. It's not totally unreasonable, but at the high end of reality. Add the additional expenses on and it's a no-go in my book.

Add it up, $350 plus $35 FFL fee, plus $100 shipping and Ins, less $15 refund, Plus $45 to fit a pad, Plus $30 for a new pad. That's about $545 assuming that I'm close to the correct FFL fee. So give or take ten bucks on that. For a bit over $800 I can get a Brand New 1100 Classic Trap, so another $250 + additional gets me a nice new TRAP gun. I can buy a Brand New 11-87 field gun for less than $600. Where's the deal? I wouldn't buy the gun either!

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

350 ain't bad even with the pad issue. 2 FFL makes for more cost, and adds just enough to make it confusing.

Just bought one with chokes face to face for 350 and was delighted. Lighten up on the FFL, take 35 for the shipping and you have a chance.

( you can do what you want, really. nice clean receiver on the gun.)

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.