1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

FS: Perazzi TM1 Special Trap 12 ga

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by dmosher38, Dec 17, 2013.

1. dmosher38

dmosher38 TS Member

0   0   0

Selling a Perazzi TM1 Special single barrel 12 ga trap gun. 34" ventilated barrel with custom Baker choke. 3 chokes included. In overall excellent condition. Still very tight, wood has a few small marks and metal is strong with some minor blueing wear. Serial 1475. Serious inquiries only please, no trades. More photos available, contact me with any questions.

2013 Blue Book value of this gun is $2800, but that seems to be rather optimistic so taking reasonable offers.

--Doug

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. MDMike

MDMike TS Member

0   0   0

This is going to make someone a nice singles package....
  3. JACK

JACK Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

It is an Ithaca era gun. The notation as a "Special" is generally given to later guns beginning in about 86.
  4. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

"Specials" had adjustable LOP trigger and the side of the receiver was marked as such right from the factory.
  5. farmstan

farmstan Member

0   0   0

6. MDMike

MDMike TS Member

0   0   0

Nick979 you are correct. But it will still make someone a good singles set up.
  7. eforer

eforer TS Member

0   0   0

Hi Doug,

I sent you a PM on this.

Thanks,
    -Ed
  8. gun007

gun007 Member

0   0   0

Book it again it's not special.
  9. Rich Bullard Jr.

Rich Bullard Jr. Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Not a Special!
  10. niagara

niagara TS Member

0   0   0

The non-specials in my opinion have better triggers and a better forearm.

I would rather have this gun than a "special".

jmho
  11. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If it really is serial #1475 I would pay $1,475 for it.
  12. dmosher38

dmosher38 TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks for everyone's comments, appreciate it. Best to send me a private message, then I can respond directly.

I am selling this for my uncle, who tagged this as a Special. I've never owned a Perazzi so if this isn't a Special then apologize for the error.

He has another Perazzi TM1, Serial #1176, which has a fixed choke. Where is the marking on the receiver that denotes Special?

If you're interested send me a private message and we can go from there. A call with my uncle would be the quickest way to answer questions.
  13. JACK

JACK Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Dmosher. It may say TMS on the other side of the receiver.Give us a pic of that
  14. PINOYSHOOTER

PINOYSHOOTER Member

0   0   0

Here is my tm1special
    [​IMG]
  15. JACK

JACK Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yah-ah... A little dirt in the face is always good.
  16. PINOYSHOOTER

PINOYSHOOTER Member

0   0   0

This is interesting mine say PerazziSPA - Made in Brescia, Italy.
  17. JACK

JACK Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Many think of this as a "Special". but on the other side of the receiver it is stamped "TMS". True or not, most owners thought the S added to the TM meant special. Others think it designated "Selective", referring to the year that Perazzi added CT to the gun. Right or wrong, The other side of the receiver shold contribute to the confusion. Camera anyone?
  18. PINOYSHOOTER

PINOYSHOOTER Member

0   0   0

The rib must be tapered to the front too if it is a special?
  19. JACK

JACK Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Lev. the tapered rib came in 79-80 with the switch to Winchester as the importer. Note that this gun has the "fat forend" as found on the early Ithaca imports and on some of the Winchester guns. Smaller forends came in on the switch to Perazzi USA in 81. Clearly this is a Ithaca gun. All signs point to that.
  20. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

0   0   0

from the Bottom Up...

Jack...there are at least THREE forearm variations ranging from the original
    FAT/WIDE Ithaca Import style to the SKINNY/SLIM Perazzi USA Import style. The Winchester imports have a mid-width forearm. There are also variations in the forearm iron.

Levy...the tapered rib was introduced on SOME of the Winchester TM1 imports, but not all. TM1 Specials came with tapered rib.

Jack...the TM1 or TMS stamp is on the top of the left shoulder of the receiver, it is not visible unless the barrel is removed.

[​IMG]

Type One choke tubes were available on the last of the Ithaca Import TM1 (Competition IV) as well as the Winchester TMS production run. Type One choke tubes can be somewhat problematic.

[​IMG]

dmosher38...you state that this gun has a "custom Baker choke. 3 chokes included".

It may have a BAKER BIG BORE (back bored barrel) with either Perazzi Type I or after market choke tubes. You need to measure the bore or have it measured and identify the choke tube constriction as well...if the barrel is OVER BORED, a choke tube that is too tight is not only inappropriate but could be dangerous.

[​IMG]

Either way, the IMPORTER (Ithaca, Winchester or Perazzi USA) is stamped on the barrel as is your gun (Picture #3 of your post)

By the way...the first of the Perazzi USA imports were not Specials...no P-4 trigger and the left side of the receiver was stamped Perazzi TM1.

[​IMG]