1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS: Perazzi MX-8 Top Single Barrel - SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Hilton55, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hilton55

Hilton55 TS Member

0   0   0

FS: Perazzi MX-8 Type III Top Single Barrel and Forearm

I bought this barrel and matching forearm on TS.com in August and planned on turning my Type III MX-8 into a combo. I’ve changed my mind, so it’s up for sale.

This 34 inch barrel has an 11mm wide step rib, weighs 1.59 kg and has not been ported. Kerry Allor lengthened the forcing cones and backbored it out to a bore size of .743 with a fixed choke constriction of .032. It has a date code of AC (1977), both the barrel and forearm have matching serial numbers. Although this is a Type III set up, the forearm allows you to use this barrel on both Type III and Type IV guns.

It has been given a re-bluing job that was very well done, is factory original in appearance and has not been shot much since. The bore is bright and shiny. There are two issues to report: there are a couple of little nicks along the edge of the rib but they are small enough that I can’t get them to show up in the photos. There’s an area of minor rust pitting on one side of the barrel close to the muzzle and there’s also some minor rust on the bottom of the monoblock (see pictures). The pitting happened before the barrel was re-blued, the area is smooth to the touch but the pitting does show through the new bluing. These are the only problems with this barrel and forearm combo and I’ve lowered my asking price to reflect this.

Price was $1,150 and has been lowered to $975, including shipping. Complete refund if not as described. Thanks, John
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

That's a bargain.

3. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

4. Hilton55

Hilton55 TS Member

0   0   0

5. mwmd

mwmd Member

0   0   0

greetings, is the barrel still for sale?

mike in phoenix

cell 4806529994

6. Hilton55

Hilton55 TS Member

0   0   0

7. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I saw this barrel and met the seller on Saturday. If it would have fit my MX8 it would have been sold. The barrel and forend are in great shape and at a very fair price. That's my two cents......

8. Hilton55

Hilton55 TS Member

0   0   0

Price has been lowered from $1,150 to $1,050. Shipping included. Thanks, John

9. Hilton55

Hilton55 TS Member

0   0   0

Price lowered to $975, including shipping! John

10. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

The forend iron and wood cost about half of the price.

11. Hilton55

Hilton55 TS Member

0   0   0

Charlie, great seeing you last Saturday. You certainly did hit those 27 yard targets hard! Thanks for catching the mistake in my ad. Kerry Allor got turned around in my mind to Allem but I've made the correction. Hope to get down to TSSC soon. John

12. bogey67401

bogey67401 Member

0   0   0

am very interested. PM sent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi mx 14 single barrel for sale