1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS: Perazzi MT 6 $2375.00 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Grasshopper, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grasshopper

Grasshopper TS Member

0   0   0

I'm selling this Perazzi MT6 for my senior friend, George. He inherited the
    shotgun from his late father-in-law who used to shoot trap competitively in
    the Pacific NW. George is not a trap shooter or a computer user, so he's
    asked me to sell it for him. I have no previous Perazzi experience so feel
    free to chime in with any corrections needed to what I've listed below.

I don't know the vintage of this shotgun but it appears to have the type 4
    forend iron, grooved receiver, and the Ithaca import stampings. One of the
    photos I've posted shows the stampings on the barrel block, along with the
    serial # for anyone with a Perazzi reference book who can guesstimate the
    approx build date.

31 1/2 barrels with two screw in chokes only ...marked as no.4 and a no.6.
    No other choke tubes could be located by George, though he's still searching his
    house for the other three tubes that used to ride in the Americase. I'm not
    confident he'll ever find them, however.

LOP is 14 inches over a 1 inch pad. The cast appears to be neutral. Comb drop
    appears to be 1.5 inches. George's father-in-law was a lefty shooter and I'm a
    righty. The cast was just fine for me and I put 100 rounds through the pipes
    without a hiccup or glitch of any kind. For me and my thinner face structure the gun shoots flat with the beads stacked and I got good, solid breaks when I covered the target. I'd consider it to be an excellent sporting clays and
    skeet gun, set up as it currently is.

The buttstock wood doesn't match the forend and I doubt it's the original.
    Maybe it's a Wenig stock? The previous owner must have sanded away the grip checkering, for whatever reason, leaving just the outside border groove line as
    a faint reminder of what used to be. If it were mine, I'd simply have the grip area recheckered in order for it to look its best.

The top lever is about dead center and it still locks up nice and tight. I
    also feel no play or wiggle between the barrels and the receiver block when the
    gun is open or closed. It's just a very nice shooter! I was also impressed
    with how lively and quick this shotgun is, even with it's 31.5 inch barrels.

I detect slight bluing wear at the extreme rear of the trigger guard, where
    the fingers would rest when gripping the gun. Some bluing wear is also evident at the safety/barrel selector button, as seen in the pics. The wood also shows a few minor handling marks here and there ... with the absolute worst being on
    the underside of the forend, as shown in the pics. No cracks anywhere that I
    could find on the stock or forend.

The Americase is included with the purchase of this shotgun.

Price is $2375, shipped to your FFL in the lower 48. 3-day inspection given and full refund offered if not satisfied, as long as you pay the return shipping and insurance.

my email addy is Onpoint at prinetime dot net.

I can also be reached at 541-419-165 nine.

Thank you,
    Mark Prodzinski

PS: I'm having trouble getting the pics posted late tonight so I'll try again on Monday morning. This is my first attempt at posting pics, sorry!

grasshopper_2008_030319.jpg

grasshopper_2008_030320.jpg

grasshopper_2008_030321.jpg

grasshopper_2008_030322.jpg

grasshopper_2008_030323.jpg

grasshopper_2008_030324.jpg

2. Grasshopper

Grasshopper TS Member

0   0   0

some images finally posted (whew)! I can email other pics to interested buyers.

Thanks for looking!
    Mark Prodzinski

3. red hammer

red hammer Member

0   0   0

very interestd will call you tomorrow thanks danny 2109212803 its to late tonight

4. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Year of mfg: 1976 (AB) . I wouldn't think that it would have a type 4 lug in that year, but I would buy it in a heartbeat if I didn't already have one!!
    They make a great sporting clays gun, with screw chokes and externally selectable trigger. MX12/2000S stocks will interchange, as will non-dropout gunstocks.

5. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

6. Grasshopper

Grasshopper TS Member

0   0   0

Sold to Buddy!

Thanks to all you other folks for your interest.

By the way, heres a pic of the receiver/forend connection. Isn't this a Type IV set-up? Or is it instead a type 3?
    grasshopper_2008_030332.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.