1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS Pacific 366 Reloader

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by LHSHOOTER, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LHSHOOTER

LHSHOOTER TS Member

0   0   0

Pacific 366 12ga reloader manual index, no bushings and primer tube, shot and powder tubes cracked. This is my spare loader that I am not using. Asking $200 plus shipping from NY. Shipping is about 30+ dollars to most places USPS. New to TS so BE NICE.

Chris
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

What is the condition of the machine? Picture would be helpful. Thanks

3. LHSHOOTER

LHSHOOTER TS Member

0   0   0

Pics added - older model but in good working condition

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Chris---Don't take this the wrong way as i am trying to help as i am a user of a older Pacific 366. I think your asking price is a little high for a non-indexing model. They are found with a little searching with full indexing and working order for less. Just trying to give you a heads up to help you try and sell your machine. It does look like a clean and useful first 366 or spare parts machine. Just a little high. JMHO---Matt Parker

5. LHSHOOTER

LHSHOOTER TS Member

0   0   0

Matt point taken. I have seen this loader sell on ebay from $150 to $190. Make a reasonable offer.

6. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

wow...an older one with all the blued steel dies, not the cheap aluminum ones they use now.

I like the thick plate, too....the plates can warp if you don't have them adjusted right and are hitting them with the primer drop, they bend.

If I didn't already have 4...

7. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

0   0   0

Not to high jack the thread, I have a older Blue and complete what is the value and any learning curve to them?
    Jim Zee

8. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jim....

I'm probably behind the times, I think they're worth $150 or so, but they seem to sell regularly for $200+.

If yours is the indexing machine, you're good to go. If it isn't, it can be updated....probably for free...or close to it, by Hornady. They'll send parts.

Learning curve...not really. You'll need a new final crimp die if you want to load new style AA hulls, call hornady and ask for the die without the taper in it. Other than that...a small hitch in the upstroke, a slight pause, to allow the primer to drop into the seating die, you're good to go.

You can do 500 an hour pretty easily..

9. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

0   0   0

Jeff,

Are the new dies really aluminum? Maybe nickel plated instead of blued?

10. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the responses, I have a 9000G and purchased this mostly for the componets not the reloader. The few times I used it, quite messy and akward.
    Jim Zee

11. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Wow, Jim....man, I'm jinxing myself here. I haven't spilled any shot or powder in over a year.

Came close to dumping a half a bag of shot on the table last night while filling up the tube, though.

Send me a PM, we'll get you worked out.

You shouldn't be making any mess at all...sounds like something isn't adjusted quite right. Once they're out, you will spill some stuff because it won't run smooth. The biggest problem I run into is that the primer won't drop all the way into the hole in the die if I go too fast. Then the shell rides up over it and you can spill some shot out of the shells that aren't crimped.

That's what I meant by a little hitch in the upstroke...if you pause for a millisecond for that primer to drop, things are a lot smoother..

jeff

12. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

And Brent, yeah, I'm guessing aluminum. I got a new crimp die from Hornday and its VERY light in weight compared to the old blued steel one I have.

It's worked fine now for about 100k shells though...there really isn't much stress on the dies.

I certainly didn't intend to imply a lack of quality. I own 3 of the 366s - said 4 above, typo, sorry - 12,20 and 28 gauge. Love them. Great customer service from Hornady always. 500 per hour easy. Sure, I have friends who run 800+ through their machines with hydraulics and hull handlers...but this is fast enough for me. And mine are so old, I only have $200 in all three.

13. leftex

leftex Active Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Jeff P,
    Do you know of someone who has a hydraulic assisted 366? I would be interested in details if possible.
    Thanks,
    Wayne

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Wayne---The gas assist 366's are to put it bluntly a waste of money. They only slow the return stroke to allow smoother operation which can easily be done by slowing down a tad bit on your own as Jeff said. I can easily spit out 2 flats a hour if i have everything setup and ready to go with my older Pacific 366. The 366's are easy to learn on for i got mine with no instructions or lessons from anyone and was loading quality loads on it in just a days tinkering.----Matt Parker

15. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Matt's spot on!!!! A COMPLETE waste of time and money. I bought one, hooked it up, and it's so slow that i was lucky to get 200 an hour. It stayed on the machine about 1.5 hours, and then it was boxed up on and on the way back to Hornady.

Hornady designed that particular part for the MEC users. I've only seen the MECs work, never owned one, but after the upstroke, the machine rotates the plate after a slow pause. Many MEC users apparently expressed frustration with the switch to a hornady, because you physically move the plate with the pawl on your upstroke. They were used to just slamming the handle back up on their MEC and the plate would rotate. You do that on a hornady and you have a mess. So this was an attempt to make a 366 index like a MEC.

MECs a fine machine, no doubt about that. So's the 366, they're just totally different in the way they index. It was a poor man's attempt to fix a problem that really doesn't exist to improve the marketing. Slow down just that bit on the upstroke to let the primer fall, and then you don't have a problem. Within an hour or so of use, you'll get the "feel" of how fast you can do the upstroke, and then the speed will come.

16. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

0   0   0

Leftex, To answer your question regarding Hydraulic assist for the 366, there is a James Oliver in Jackson, Mi. who used to sell such a unit for the 366. He displayed his unit for many years at the Grand when it was in Vandalia. I have not seen him for a few years and the last phone number I have for him is: 517-787-0472. Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

17. leftex

leftex Active Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Tom,

Thanks for the lead. I will call.

Wayne

18. LHSHOOTER

LHSHOOTER TS Member

0   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.