1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS-NEW MECHANICAL PERAZZI TRIGGER 700 REDUCED

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by JACK, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

send the pics

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

pics please

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Good pictures

Gene

4. Barry C. Roach

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Pics are nice indeed but that's a standard inertia P trigger.

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

This type of mechanical triggers are very well hand fitted. You can convert it to inertia if you want to.

6. Guy

Guy Member

0   0   0

No. This is a standard inertia trigger.

7. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

0   0   0

Cock both hammers. Pull the trigger once. Then pull the trigger a second time and see if the second hammer falls.

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Steve W. Why does a mechanical trigger have an "inertia block"?

9. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

0   0   0

MIA,

Actually mechanical triggers do need some type of device to keep them from firing the second barrel unintentionally after the first barrel fires. Nearly everyone who fires a gun with any amount of recoil will have the trigger pulled a second time as the gun recoils. If a mechanical trigger is allowed to "step" to the second barrel immediately, then the gun will fire that second barrel right after the first barrel fires --- it seems almost like it doubles but it is actually a very fast fan fire.

To prevent this, something must be done to prevent the trigger from stepping to the second barrel for a split second (until after that potential second unintentional trigger pull) and what is often used is basically some type of inertia block. In this instance, the inertia block isn't used to step the gun to the second barrel, but is just used to provide a time delay.

10. Steve W

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

MIA/ Jack,

This "inertia" block will pull back as the trigger pulls, timing is everything, it'll trigger the right sear just before it moves back.

You'll see both sear bar disengaged from the lifting tree after second barrel fired.

11. Guy

Guy Member

0   0   0

12. cmccord44

cmccord44 TS Member

0   0   0

The washer that is above the tree is what trips the ineritia when the trigger is pulled.

13. beaker100

beaker100 Member

0   0   0

all k-80's come from the factory with inerta blocks. k-80's are mechancial. doug hubbart gunsmith

14. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I would be REALLY interested to know how this trigger could fire the 2nd bbl w/out the inertia block being moved - or how the inertia block is moved w/out the gun being fired. Ya know - like a mechanical trigger? Like WGH pointed out, there is nothing there that makes this anything but a plain Perazzi inertial set trigger.

and that little wash er on the tree does nothing since both of those pieces have a fixed pivot and the tree is still hitting the trigger group frame.

But I'm open to be enlightened.

OK, so it's not hydraulic and so it is mechanical

15. Steve W

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

The ring on top of the lifting tree will tilt the lifting tree "mechanically" (regardless inertia force) backward right after it triggers the right sear.

Timing is everything.

16. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

OK - so the pushme/pullyou inertial block action is effectively reversed for the space it takes to trip the first sear - then it's all inertial action just like stock. SO the only time it is "mechanical" is if the gun doesn't fire the first bbl. And the advantage is ....?

Not to slam the dude's goods but if the timing is that critical, as it looks it must be, then it is no wonder that Giacomo told me years ago to avoid the things.

I'm trying to think of a FTF situation that would make an advantage. Other than charging tiger sorta thing

This is not meant to be rude or discourteous and I apologize if it should be perceived that way.

Charlie

17. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

It is a standard Perazzi trigger. Your pictured trigger was a releast at one time - the holes in the hammers show this.

You can take a standard Perazzi pull trigger in your hand and fire it twice without the action of the inertia block. It happens in about 50% of the triggers, but it does NOT make it a mechanical trigger.

Take the connector spring and connector plunger OUT of the trigger and put it in your gun. I'd bet it would NOT fire mechanically both sides.

WW

18. Guy

Guy Member

0   0   0

So how did this turn out?

Mechanical or inertia?

19. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I'm a little late getting in here....but the inertia block must move for the second shot...fired with a live round or dry-firing. Just because you did not see the inertia block move while dry-firing does not mean it did not move, you just didn't see it move. The movement was only about .100", just enough to let the connector(T-shaped part)clear the first sear.

Also, to back up on what Whiz said earlier, about 50% of the mx-8 inertia triggers will set up the second shot after dry-firing the first, more so when they are not in the gun. The connector just slides of the sear, many times because the angle cut on the sear and/or the connector have been altered.

I'm curious about the washer between the connector and the inertia block. The connector is fastened to the trigger and moves up and down when the trigger is pulled and released, the inertia block is fixed, so it only pivots back and forth. With the washer installed..it seems...that the trigger would be prevented to move unless, it is of the right thickness to allow the trigger to move just enough to lift the sear. Kind of a stop for over-travel. If this is the case, the trigger would never rise high enough in the rear to bump the inertia block.

I would have bought the trigger just to be certain it was an inertia trigger.

As for true mechanical triggers guns, yes they have an inertia block also. Gregg mentioned the fact that all shooters will pull the trigger twice on each and every shot. When I was still wet behind the ears, I had to have it proved to me. I attempted to pull the trigger on a K-80 so fast and hard as to NOT trap the inertia block under the "safety stud", but to keep it ahead of the stud. After 6 attempts, each time removeing the buttstock (pressure still on the trigger)and looking at the inertia block, I had in fact pulled it twice.

The unintended second pull comes as the inertia block was moving back forward, but not fast enough. Without the block, everyone would experience fan-firing.

Doug

20. Barry C. Roach

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

It's an interia "assisted" mechanical trigger?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mechanical triggers fan fire