1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS Mx12 with 34"MX8 single barrel

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by jdsfarms, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

MX12 sporting reciever with MX8 34"single barrel choked IM double release triggers.$3600 will consider parting out."reduced to $3000 OBO "

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jdsfarms

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

FS Mx12 with 34

I am selling this for a friend who lost her husband and put the price on it she thought was paid for it,I am not a perazzi man some and insight to a realistic value would be appreciated.Thanks Jerry

3. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

FS Mx12 with 34

Just a few questions, First, serial # on receiver, Second, if you were to part out what would you take for the reciever and butt stock. Thanks Bart

4. jdsfarms

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

FS Mx12 with 34

Reduced to $3300.Jerry

5. jdsfarms

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

FS Mx12 with 34

ttt

6. jdsfarms

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

FS Mx12 with 34

up

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

FS Mx12 with 34

Pretty rough for the asking price. Even $3,300. is too high. First it's a mismatched gun. Which is ok but not as desirable as matching parts gun. Needs reblued and the stock refinished. Who made the release? If it's not a respected name smithy it may hurt the value. Also you don't say if the bore has been altered and if so, by who.

You need to take a photo of the firing pin hole so we can see the condition of the breech face. You don't say if it has a factory case and a parts kit. Must assume neither is included.

This gun in 98% condition would be worth $3,000.+ but not nearly as much as is. As is I wouldn't want the put more than $1,600. for it.

I'd part it out for maximum yield.

8. jdsfarms

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

FS Mx12 with 34

Thanks For the input Barry,but the metal finish on this is in excellent condition it has the case hardened finish and the wood is mismatched but the finish is ok.Parting it out may be the way to go but I just sold a decent TM1 for $1500,$1600 for this?

9. Barry C. Roach

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

FS Mx12 with 34

Your photos don't indicate the condition you describe. How much functional difference is there between a mismatched MX8 top single only and a TM1? I think I'm spot on. You're trying to get the price of a 95% combo. Remember, you asked for opinions. I never opine unless I'm invited to.

10. releasebob

releasebob Member

0   0   0

FS Mx12 with 34

I gotta chime in here,there is a big difference between a single barrel on a MX reciever and a TM1,for one you can put a set of O/U barrels on it it has two trigger mechanisms not one,double release triggers on this one if you need em thats a minimum $500 to install on your own gun.I would say $3300 is high myself and parting it would prudent but $1600 is just stealing it I see a couple of MX8 single barrels by themselves on here in the $1200 range,that would make the reciever with double release triggers,wood and forend iron worth only $400.Being a senior vet,I think this is why widows of deceased trapshooters should never be allowed to sell trap guns they might believe that kind of observation.Bob

11. Barry C. Roach

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

FS Mx12 with 34

releasebob. I was a gun dealer for many years so I look at the value of a gun like a dealer that is different from how a consumer might. From the photos the gun here appears to have about one third of the blueing worn from the receiver. You can tell nothing about the barrel or trigger.

Photos are very poor and don't confirm the "excellent condition" as stated. The wood looks like a mismatch. The seller has not offered any of the information I asked for, so I'm forced to take the position that, as a dealer or a consumer, I would have to put a bunch of money into the gun to get it to the level of a $3,000.+ gun or just pass on it. Then, even if I do spend a bunch of money on it, it's still a mismatched Perazzi and less desirable than a "numbers matching" gun.

You have not considered that the trigger will be a top barrel first type. If you put an OU barrel on it, most likely you'll have to buy a bottom first trigger. That's another $500-600. If you have to buy a selective trigger you're at about $900.

That's the way you have to look at it.

I don't buy guns from widows. I have appraised many though and I am always fair and resent the implication that I am otherwise.

12. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

0   0   0

FS Mx12 with 34

i am not a dealer or an appraiser but to me the photos are very poor.the wood on the gun looks like a sporting stock and not a trap stock making this a very flat shooter. so to get to the price of the gun i am not an expert but imo this looks like a 2000 dollar gun. that is not an offer. all i am saying is that i wouldn't give any more than that for this gun.

13. jdsfarms

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

FS Mx12 with 34

Hey I am not trying to start a spitting match here Barry gave his opinion and I took it as that with no offense,I admittedly don't know the value of the gun and I know the pics are not the greatest,I'm just trying to do the best I can for the seller.It is a sporting reciever as I stated above and has mismatched wood which I also stated,the trigger appears to be selectable.and the reciever face does have some wear.I will try to post somw better pics.I will probably end up parting it but am hesitant to do so until I see if I can sell it whole as I don't want to leave the seller with leftover parts to sell.Jerry

14. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

FS Mx12 with 34

I really do not wish to get into an argument that's not my concern, but there're couple details about said object that I'd like to clear or to be fair. So Jerry can help this widow get it going without causing more misunderstanding between seller and buyer.

1) The MX-12 has selectable trigger build in, the switch is on the safety lever, you can shoot top first or bottom first with a flip of the switch. No need for another trigger group.

2) The subject top single barrel is an older type 3, the forend design makes it unique to the barrel, not interchangeable with other type 3 O/Us. If you decide to part the gun out, the forend needs to stay with the barrel.

Jerry, I understand this might be an unappreciated work, but I do think you need better pictures.

If you have any questions, let me know. Good luck to your sale.

15. jdsfarms

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

FS Mx12 with 34

up

16. jdsfarms

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

FS Mx12 with 34

reduced to $3000.Jerry

17. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

FS Mx12 with 34

The real question is where is the other forearm? the type 4 forearm iron?

I cant tell from the picture but it looks like a type 3 barrel lug and I assume then its a type 3 forearm

Gene

18. jdsfarms

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

FS Mx12 with 34

Gene,It came to me from an estate I don't know what happened to the original barrel or forearm/iron.Jerry

19. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

FS Mx12 with 34

Just for clarification....does it have TWO trigger groups or ONE?

20. jdsfarms

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

FS Mx12 with 34

One trigger group,double release and trigger is selectable.Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.