1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS Model 700 Trigger for Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Shooting Coach, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

These triggers are very dangerous when adjusted to light weights. The pre-83 700 Remington cost the gun maker over $20 million dollars in court judgements.

If the safety locks the bolt, it is the problematic trigger.

This from one who used to perform warranty service and repair for Remington. Yours truly.

2. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Trap,

Since I would be taking my life into my own hands just having this trigger in my house, I'd take it off your hands just to save you from the risk of having it.

OB

3. CW638YORK

CW638YORK Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Has anyone on this site had any unfortunate mishap regarding the "Rem 700 trigger"....

Probably not...at least I hope not !

All my 700's past and present have worked flawlessly without any problems...

Chris

4. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

0   0   0

They are one of the best triggers for target shooting, BUT like Coach said when they are set below 3.5# some of them will go off when the safety is moved to the fire position. Don't ask me how i know....Joe

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

It is a great trigger once you get rid of the safety. The only safe bolt action rifle is one that is empty with the bolt open and back. HMB

6. twotimer

twotimer Member

0   0   0

Chris, I don't know if Remington really ever had a problem with a factory set trigger- the perception was they did. I have a 700 that has had a "trigger" job, about 2 pounds. Use it for target shooting. There is a bunch of other things been done to it also...bottom line, I squeezed off a round and hadn't released the safety, when I released it BANG!!! All good, facing down range, but was a surprise! Mike

7. rlmims

rlmims TS Member

0   0   0

Chris, I had a rem 700 BDL varmit special in 6mm. Factory triger, still had the sealing plastic in the screw heads for triger adj. If I disengaged the safety with the rifle in a vertical pos (muzzle up or down) the rifle would discharge. sent back to Rem for evaluation & when returned (three months later) this problem was corrected but I now had a rifle with a seven pound triger.

8. CW638YORK

CW638YORK Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Interesting...

Now, the question is - any other "bolt gun" brands ever had this issue ?

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.