1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS little used XT Ultra 30

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by shotgunjay, Jun 15, 2013.

1. shotgunjay

shotgunjay Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I bought this from Gander Mountain a couple of years ago and have shot maybe 10 rounds of trap since. I am trying to change some of my hidden treasures into cash for downpayment on a new home. Maybe too much information on me and not enough about the gun so ask if you have any questions.
    Asking $2000 plus shipping.
    Jay Warren Texas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Factory chokes tubes? Do you have a case for it? Do you have the box it came in?
    Are the tools and accessories that came with it available? (extra trigger blades and choke tubes)

3. shotgunjay

shotgunjay Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

No case, I do have the tools & accessories that came with it, extra trigger blades and flush choke tubes, F,M & IC. I currently have Briley extended choke of LF & IM in the barrels & will include them along with an extended Full. I may not have the box, will check the attic.
    Jay

4. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I see the SN as xxxxxxNN131. If that is correct the shotgun is a '99 model. Mine is like yours and is both a target smoker and a heartbreaker. The inertia block failed me this last weekend and wouldn't reset for the second shot doubles at the State shoot.

Great shotgun but......

Don T. Littleton CO

5. missemucho

missemucho Member

0   0   0

I'm afraid flashmax has really bad luck. I bought my XT in 2005 used and have put at least 50k rounds through it. Reliability has never been a problem for these guns that I'm aware of.

John

6. shotgunjay

shotgunjay Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thank you John, I had a friend's dog bite me once but I still have friends & I still like dogs. Sometimes bad things happen.

7. flashmax

0   0   0

I have to play along with you John. Let's say I have 'luck'. Let's say I have good 'luck' and bad 'luck'. Then I was reeeeaaallllly lucky to run 2 rounds of shootoff the Sunday before the State shoot to win Doubles that day. Shooting a 2 3/4 dram 1 ounce Rio Competition for the first shot. Never a problem with the reset. Then let us move forward to Friday. I shot a 2 3/4 dram 1 1/8 oz Remington STS for the first shot and had the failure to reset problem with that shell. OK, bad 'luck'. Shot 34 on the front 50. Switched to 3 dram 1 1/8 STS for the back half and dropped the first 'second bird' then ran through 4 dead pairs and ran the next 3 posts. Keep count now, that is 38 straight. The last post I lost 2 'second' birds on the next to last and last pair. So I go 45 straight and drop one. Must have been good 'luck' huh? 46 on the back 50, one realllly 'lucky' dude ain't I? The XT didn't have a reset failure during the back 50 but my mind was waiting for one.

Sunday comes the Colorado Doubles Championship, 50 Pair. Post 1, set 1, the XT fails to reset with the previously reliable 3 dram load. Yanks my mind right out of the game and onto the bleedin shotgun fail to reset. So with that in mind I 'lucked out' and broke 84. Yeah. Really 'lucky dude' I am. Those dropped doubles on the front 50 first event were the difference between me taking Class HOA and just half the dropped birds on the Championshop Doubles kicked me out of the Class HAA. I ain't no big doggie but I am a Class A shooter.

Must be real 'lucky' to win anything at all with an XT bought May 12 and shooting my first 100 doubles targets in my life just June 8 past and winning class on June 9. Really, really "Lucky' feller here. In case you haven't been paying attention I am not whining about anything. I AM commenting on what happened with -MY- NN131 serial number Ultra XT Browning shotgun.

Thanks to Bruce, the man who posts as 27 YR'DR, for his posting on how to set up for doubles. It worked for me no matter that when he left his number with Roger I wasn't able to return his phone call.

Warmest of regards,

Don T. Littleton CO

8. ZTWITHE

ZTWITHE Member

0   0   0

Don, whine about your bad luck in the shooting related threads. This is the for sale section and this man has a nice gun for sale. Zach

9. missemucho

missemucho Member

0   0   0

flashmax: I understand your reaction to a gun that let you down; I'd probably feel the same way. But that doesn't mean that every gun of that brand and type will let a shooter down. I'm fairly sure that my Browning has never lost me a target--I manage to take care of that myself. Mechanical things break; just a fact of life. Honestly I've seen almost every brand of gun have problems at one time or the other on the line.
    John

10. flashmax

0   0   0

I am reluctant to post on this thread again John. I didn't want to imply that the brand or even the gun itself was faulty in any way. I love my NN Ultra XT. Problem on this end is that threads are NOT categorized by section. They just show up in one long line. So getting jumped as "whining" on a "for sale" section thread has me twitchy.

Later days and better lays.

Don T. Littleton CO

11. joee12

joee12 Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Beautiful gun Jay, hope all goes well with the new house, Joe

12. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

flashmax

Don..

I didn't learn about the categorized function early on either. If you will click on the box next to "Create A New Thread" which says "Non Category View" it will categorize all your threads.

It's a confusing web site in my opinion and always has been till you get used to it.

I almost got in a mess one on a political thread that I thought should haven't been in a shooting related thread. Turns out it wasn't in a shooting related thread...I just didn't know how to avoid seeing the off topic threads.

I make sure the threads are catagorized now...in fact only look at the Shooting Related Threads...and the For Sale section.

Much better reading and navigation now.

Happy trails..Stan

13. flashmax

0   0   0

Thanks Stan,

I hope Jay finds a buyer for his Shotgun.

Don T. Littleton CO

14. flashmax

0   0   0

15. flashmax

0   0   0

J. PM me, I have a sis in San Antonio that might be interested.

Don T. Littleton CO

16. flashmax

0   0   0

Top.

Waiting to hear from my sis.

Don T. Littleton CO

17. flashmax

0   0   0

Somebody is going to love this shotgun.

Don T. Littleton CO