1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS Ithaca 5E SxS

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by BILL GRILL, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Ithaca 5E 30" barrels, with Briley thin walls. Five chokes 2 full, 1 mod,1 ic, and 1 skeet. 14" length of pull. serial no. is 457593. email xxbillgrill@charter.netxx. Drop x's or PM me here. Phone 906-869-9959 eves est. no calls after 9:30 please. Day phone 1-800-421-3283. Price is $5000. firm, will entertain trades. It is for sale as I have 2 5E's.
    <a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC00806.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC00813.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. BILL GRILL

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC00815.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC00818.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC00810.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

3. otnot

otnot Active Member

0   0   0

Now Bill if you sell your doubles gun, how the hell are we ever going to shoot doubles together? Nice gun!

4. BILL GRILL

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Otnot, I still have a 5E sxs trap 2 barrel set stashed away for that. Here is one of that gun, so we still will shoot doubles.

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC00419.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

0   0   0

BRILEY THIN-WALLS?

You have absofrickin' lutely got to be shitting me, right? Show me the picture; I don't believe it.

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Buzz- You think that's bad, I saw a M21 w/ ported barrels. Enought to make you puke.

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

A modle 21 with ported barrels? who has a picture of that?

Briley chokes are one thing

bump busters and ported barrels are something else

8. BILL GRILL

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Briley thin walls do not affect the value much as the expensive makers such as
    Purdey ect use them if there going to have screw in chokes. Bill

9. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bill, nice looking gun and I agree about the thin walls. It gives the gun new life. I know several guys that are using 4E's and 5E's and 21's with thin walls to shoot sporting clays. Makes sense to me and it's good to see them out being used.

10. coldtrail

coldtrail Member

0   0   0

It never ceases to amaze me how people react to modifying a gun. Why have a gun in the safe that you can't shoot well because the chokes are too tight, or if it kicks, or you can't get the muzzle flip out of it and you port the barrels; SO WHAT. It's your gun, make it shoot the way you want it to. Collector value is overrated, shoot your guns, and collect stamps or coins, or bottle caps, whatever your pleasure is.

11. st8shuter

st8shuter TS Member

0   0   0

Beautiful piece william, this is an excellent example of the classic american shotgun, also with respect to the briley's fine choice. This gun was made prior to pattern tightening shot cups which generally needed full and fuller chokes to rival pattern effectiveness of todays mod/ imp mod. Congrats on owning two of them!

12. letts

letts TS Member

0   0   0

I have a sugestion for people who do not like modified guns, don't buy one. Maybe the rest of us will get a better deal becasuse of that attitude.

This is a beautifull gun. I know because I shoot with Bill and another thing he has shot it.

Letts

13. gordy h

gordy h Member

0   0   0

Hey Bill
    Great gun, makes my 4&5 look cheap.You are a lucky man. Will you be going to
    the Spring Grand? If so look me up, Butch H (from the Dells area)

14. sx1skeet

sx1skeet TS Member

0   0   0

Well the same goes for any thing origanal always brings more money. I would have given 5k for but the choke tubes kill it for me. To each there own. But very nice gun.

15. BILL GRILL

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Butch, Will be at spring grand. My son and I stay in camp ground. Look for Black Dodge with orange strips says "drive fast we need cars" on it. Bill

16. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bill, you're heading to Tuscon? I thought maybe I could get it delivered East for a visit.LOL, I do have a little trade bait you may be interested in. I hope all is well with you and Junior, he never would answer the phone on his birthday. Has the wife bought the mansion on the lake for you yet? Shoot well and stay warm, Bob

17. otnot

otnot Active Member

0   0   0

Bill it would be a pleasure to meet you since we are both going to be in Tucson.

18. BILL GRILL

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Well guys I was a little mixed up I will be at the Great Lakes Grand In the spring here. Not in Arizona.

Bob, Let me know about the trade bait. LOl.

Otnot, I am working on getting to Alaska state shoot this year.

Regards, Bill

19. BILL GRILL

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I am about ready to have a custom grade trap stock and a add on rib made for this thing and do a doubles ATA campaign with it just for the fun of it. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.